Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,523 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7

I'm back also

13 years ago 0 1209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
 Hi Leelaknight. 
As I am beginning this quit, many of the "good" things from my last quit (from reading the board) are coming back to me.. like you at the airport, yes you will walk past someone, and know they smoke, I remember my hair smelling clean & fresh, and my clothes & jackets.. (gotta through the jackets in the washer). One of my rewards on my last quit.. was buying a new purse.. that never had cigarettes in it.. 

Thanks for the reminders.. so far I have been pretty much at home, or just in the car...will be out in the real world tomorrow and the next few days.

My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 5/7/2010
Smoke-Free Days: 3
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 51
Amount Saved: $10.20
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 12 Mins: 35 Seconds: 41

13 years ago 0 98 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just wanted to add... just got back from flying didn't know how i would feel (as i always was the one searching out the smoker lounges...and OMG it was nice!!!  i looked at those poor people in the lounge with pitty!!!  the smoke around there heads, the smell coming out of the opening doors... i could not believe that i actually sat in there!!!

ssee if you can fiind one... and the feel the pitty for the people still addicted and attached to those sticks!  i would give them a hug if they didn't smell so bad!

My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 3/12/2010
Smoke-Free Days: 59
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,475
Amount Saved: $737.50
Life Gained:
Days: 4 Hrs: 13 Mins: 31 Seconds: 7

Hi  Thanks, clicking on the compatibility view worked,  Thanks Samantha, any issues I will contact you..

My Mileage:

Smoke-Free Days: 3
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 51
Amount Saved: $10.20
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 11 Mins: 11 Seconds: 19

13 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi members,

If you notice any technical issues or formatting problems in the forums please inform us via the feedback section and we will look into the issue. Also mention what browser (Internet Explore, Firefox..etc) and the version number (Internet Explorer version 8.etc) to help us replicate the issue.

Samantha, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 1387 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bonnie:
    I too had the formatting problem that you speak of.  You must have Explorer 8.  If you look on the top of the page youlwill see what looks like a sheet of paper ripped in half just to the left of an up and down arrow icon.  This is called the compatibility view.  Click on this and you should be ok.
Kaiser

My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 7/30/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 649
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 16,225
Amount Saved: $811.25
Life Gained:
Days: 126 Hrs: 11 Mins: 44 Seconds: 39

Hi Thank you,  ending of day 3.  Some of you don't know me,  I am a 7 year stroke survivor. I'm 61. I had left side paralysis for a short time, I had to relearrn how to walk, and fine motor skills on my left hand and side. I walk slower and with a slight limp.  I volunteer on an On-line-stroke support group.. Wondeful, friendly, caring people ...like you all.

Today, I washed and waxed my car.. all by myslef. i got the windows washed inside & out, but the rest of the interior will be another day.  I know tomorrow I will probably not be able to move my arms above my head,  I already have a few places that are a bit sore.. that  forgot I even had...LOL  It is a good feeling. my  car is all clean and shiny. I hope tomorrow to get the interior cleaned as well..  I did spray it with Febreeze, and sprayed febreeze on a paper towel and left inside.  The other day I cleaned the ashtray and washed a litte of the dash. 

I think i used 3 committ lozenges, foregoing the Chantix ....

My Mileage:

Smoke-Free Days: 2
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 34
Amount Saved: $6.80
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 9 Mins: 26 Seconds: 10

13 years ago 0 763 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So glad to have you back, Bonnie!!!!!! 

One day, one crave at a time you CAN do this.  We are always here with support if you should need it. 

Lots of deep breathing, sipping water, walking, mints, screaming, shouting, dancing, watching movies...etc...should do the trick.

Congrats on a wonderful decision!!!!

Cheers,
Jan

My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 1/27/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 833
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 20,825
Amount Saved: $6,872.25
Life Gained:
Days: 97 Hrs: 18 Mins: 54 Seconds: 28

13 years ago 0 1080 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bj, I am glad you've mentioned that about the posts being really really long and all down the right hand side, mine have been like that for months and I thought it was this lap top! It's really annoying isn't it? So yes members I would like to know how to get it back to the 'ordinary' posts not the elongated kind!

Keep going B you are doing just great- and Happy Mother's day to you too.

My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 5/10/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 729
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 18,225
Amount Saved: $10,935.00
Life Gained:
Days: 89 Hrs: 0 Mins: 44 Seconds: 24

Hi,  Happy Mother's Day to all.  
 I am doing pretty well,  have had the normal craves.. I went into town yesterday with my husband to get the tractor tire fixed.  I was sitting in the car,  he brought me a glass of water from the water cooler, I thanked him and said do they have a vending machine? He said  I don't know, i looked at him & said I need gum drops, he said What? A little louder I said I NEED gum drops.NOW.  He jumped and said OH.. he went in and yelled out YES. so i went in ... they had  ike&mikes, reeses m&m's and huge GUM balls, I went for the ike & mike's.  It was almost closing time,  they had a popcorn cart, was almost empty, but i got about 1/4 of a bag, grabbed the front page of a 3 day old newspaper, and went out to the Van..LOL

John got the tired, and as we were leaving said you OK? I said the mike& ike's are so stale I can't chew them, He tried some and laughed..said well just suck on it.      He said I couldn't figure out why you wanted a vending machine.. Then you said it louder, with kind of a "crazed" look in your eye, and I remembered Oh.. shes Quitting..
 We talked about it a little bit.  He was "supportive" last time, but not always understanding ( we had also been told his mom had lung cancer..)  This time he seems to be more understanding and helpful.  

Day 3 ... here we are. This am, the crave with the coffee was less.  I am pictureing myslef on our trip in a few weeks, smoke free.. not smelling like smoke, and not trying to find some place to light up.

Thanks for checking on me!

I do have a Question... when I come onto the Forums all the writing is in a coloum on the right hand side.. long and narrow, does anyone know how to get it back into the frame ..  Thanks

My Mileage:

Smoke-Free Days: 2
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 34
Amount Saved: $6.80
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 7 Mins: 59 Seconds: 35

13 years ago 0 1387 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bonnie:
   How is it going today?   Check in and let us know.
Kaiser

My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 7/30/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 648
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 16,200
Amount Saved: $810.00
Life Gained:
Days: 126 Hrs: 7 Mins: 14 Seconds: 44

Reading this thread: