Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,630 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

Haven't Given Up

14 years ago 0 1080 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello and welcome- I am a patch quitter and found it a  very succesful way to beat the habit. My advice would be to follow the patch/manufacturers instructions to the letter, and to do the whole programme, even if you feel you could manage on your own , keep on the programme.
I was determined to make my quit work, and believe without question my success was due to the patch, this wonderful site and its even more wonderful supportive members and my determination to succeed- that really is a winning combo. Good luck to you, it is do-able and the benefits are awesome.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/10/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 530
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 13,250
Amount Saved: $7,950.00
Life Gained:
Days: 62 Hrs: 13 Mins: 33 Seconds: 47

14 years ago 0 90 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
welcome aboard. when I first got free this was a great place to come and get support. Idid it cold turkey and drank gallons of water but it worked for me. I didnt even think about smoking anymore ,except on the odd occasion when I get a feeling of euphoria when I realise I am free!!!! Once you get in to it ..it really does get easy!!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/1/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 113
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,825
Amount Saved: $847.50
Life Gained:
Days: 16 Hrs: 22 Mins: 41 Seconds: 31

14 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/1/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 174
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 4,872
Amount Saved: $1,887.90
Life Gained:
Days: 19 Hrs: 1 Mins: 18 Seconds: 19

14 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Enterre!
I know you will make the right decision. This site helps so much for support and knowledge.The fact that you are here trying to figure out your best way to quit is awesome. The only advice I can give you is be so prepared, I was mentally ready, I picked a day, and found this site, bought the gum (really helps me), and I keep telling myself over and over I will not have one puff ever again!,
Don't get me wrong, There has been times where I forget why I am doing this, and think "oh why am I struggling?, I miss it so much!" But I just keep going about my day.Drinking lots of water! It does go away and every day somethings get easier.
You can do it!!
shamenomore

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 10/1/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 21
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 357
Amount Saved: $171.36
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 19 Mins: 49 Seconds: 27

14 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Enterre!!!

Welcome to the SSC and congratulations on deciding to quit again, not only to you, but to the rest of your family!  Be sure to mention the site to them and encourage them to stop by and at least read through the Program and browse through the Forums!  There is a wealth of information here that can be very beneficial for everyone that is on this journey to freedom from the addiction!  Read and learn and post for help when you need a hand!  That's what were here for!

I tried quitting with the gum and cold turkey in previous quits and they both didn't do the trick for me.  Then I learned about Chantix and that was the NRT that worked for me!  Actually it was the combination of Chantix and this site that set me free!!!   The most important thing that the SSC taught me was to be 100% prepared to quit when you decide to quit!  Quitting is one of the hardest things you will ever do and you have to be totally up to the challenge!  You have to tell yourself that you are going to live by N.O.P.E. (Not One Puff Ever!) and not be willing to lose even one battle in the war against the nico-demon!  That's what quitting is all about...  preparation, committing yourself and living by NOPE!

You and your family really can do this, Enterre!  I was a LONG time smoker and heck, if I can do it, anyone can!  Prepare yourself well and then yell for help when you need it!  We'll be here for you!

Jim

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/5/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 596
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 14,900
Amount Saved: $2,458.50
Life Gained:
Days: 102 Hrs: 16 Mins: 0 Seconds: 34

• Quit Meter

$44,377.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1062 Hours: 0

Minutes: 45 Seconds: 34

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

14 years ago 0 916 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Enterre!
Quitting smoking is a hard but empowering process. You alredy know that. I can't comment on the patch or the gum because I quit on Chantix.
It is great to read that you are going trough my program. The better you know your enemy, the easier it is to defeat it.
I just wanted to welcome you to this site. This Support Group made all the difference in my quit!
Marivi

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/23/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 271
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 4,065
Amount Saved: $406.50
Life Gained:
Days: 30 Hrs: 20 Mins: 56 Seconds: 8

14 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi enterre,

Welcome to our wonderful online support community and congratulations to you and your fellow members for making the decision to quit! You have come to the right place! You can get started by reading through old forums, working through the program and posting here! It sounds like you are motivated to make it stick this time around! We are all here for you through this journey!

Members, how have your experiences been with the patch or gum?

Samantha, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My dad, his wife, my husband and I all decided to stop smoking on the same day...Oct. 5th.  My husband and I without any help (cold turkey), my dad's on chantix, and his wife's using the patch.  I made it through two whole days, but bought a pack on the third morning.  Slowly, I've slipped back into smoking almost as much as I did before I quit on the 5th.  But I still haven't given up.  I've searched the internet for different ways to actually beat this stinky habit, and I think I've found my home on this site!    Everyone else is doing really well, although they all still smoke a couple a day...working their way down, i guess.  I quit smoking for two years back in 2005, and started back up because of, well, stupid reasons I guess, but I started back up.  This time has been MUCH harder for me.  I'm probably going to use either the Patch or the Gum, not sure yet.  But I've started going through the program on this site, and am going to go through the process and build myself a plan before setting a new quit date.  I KNOW I can succeed.  I WILL stop smoking.  Anyone have comments about the patch or the gum?  Thanks for your help!

Reading this thread: