Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,630 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

October 26,2009 is the big day

14 years ago 0 20 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Thank you everyone for our kind words. Actually when posting this I actually meant that I have 26 days to go & the BIG day is October3rd.  It took me this long to get back because I could not long on had password issue.  Hopefully it will work properly this time.  The cutting down is working fine up to now but really have to concentrate & work harder when I have company.  This is not easy now.  I can just imagine on my quit day..........yikes....

14 years ago 0 278 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Dado... good luck on cutting back, and come to us for advice and when you quit.  Make sure to have a quit program in place when you do, and feel free to come to us for help.
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/3/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 159
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,385
Amount Saved: $1,192.50
Life Gained:
Days: 17 Hrs: 10 Mins: 14 Seconds: 8

14 years ago 0 855 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
DADO, glad your here, you picked the right place for support , :) hope to see you around here alot  Tresa
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/8/2002
Smoke-Free Days: 2588
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 62,112
Amount Saved: $10,869.60
Life Gained:
Days: 336 Hrs: 5 Mins: 2 Seconds: 26

14 years ago 0 1080 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Dado and welcome- cutting down was the way I started my quit. I found I got used to less nicotine intake, and eventually set my total quit date, so good luck, come by and post and let us know how its going.
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/10/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 486
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 12,150
Amount Saved: $7,290.00
Life Gained:
Days: 57 Hrs: 8 Mins: 31 Seconds: 38

14 years ago 0 31 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Dado- we are here for you all the way, understanding why I smoked was key for me in preparation for quitting and when the big day came I was ready.  This site is very helpful just post whatever and whenever you want and there will be someone here for ya.

talk to you soon
Terry

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 6/28/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 72
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,296
Amount Saved: $648.00
Life Gained:
Days: 8 Hrs: 2 Mins: 52 Seconds: 5

14 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
DADO,

Welcome to our support community and thanks for joining us!  Cutting down is a great way to start, so continue forward and read the information on cutting down.  Do prepare yourself for those everyday craves and for situations that may tempt you.  Being ready will assist you and help you keep on this path.

Do post with us and let us help you!

Looking forward to celebrating your first milestone with you!

Josie, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 90 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Gidday Dado, Just start to train the mind regarding getting your quit on. I found reading up on nicotine addiction, tobacco damage etc. really helped get me in a space where I was finally ready to get free. It's so good not smoking anymore and you will find that the further along the journey you go, the easier it becomes. I smoked for 30 years and I dont even have the urge to smoke. Keep reading the posts here and when you are ready there is so much support here you will find the encouragement really helps. Come on in!!!!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/1/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 68
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,700
Amount Saved: $510.00
Life Gained:
Days: 10 Hrs: 5 Mins: 31 Seconds: 27

14 years ago 0 20 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Trying to cut down & keeping positive thoughts.....

Reading this thread: