Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,523 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7

Tomorrow will be my first day!

14 years ago 0 597 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I read your 30 day action plan, Fay.  Sounds like you are making some wonderful changes in your life.  You do need to take care of yourself and quitting is a gift to you and your children.  I love your determination!
30 days is a wonderful start for this transformation, but be advised it is just a start.  Take this one day at a time and remember your mindset will determine if this will be a constant struggle for you and make you a grouch all the time, or, if you want to confront this with a good attitude and view quitting as a blessing for your whole family and a positive experience.
Quitting (many times, mind you) has given me the opportunity to get to know myself much better and has brought me closer to my family and God.  I always kept a 'crave cart' nearby with loads of distractions---sunflower seeds, cold water, a stress ball or hand grips, gum, sugar-free candies, one of those exercise bands, a meaningful prayer printed out, posts from SSC that hit close to home, bullets.....  Search through some of the old posts here.  One that was really touching for me was from Joe Cool and was a reminder of why I wanted to quit.
Sending good wishes your way  in this envelope for a fantastic day today!!!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 10/22/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 294
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 11,760
Amount Saved: $2,352.00
Life Gained:
Days: 33 Hrs: 2 Mins: 26 Seconds: 26

• Quit Meter

$52,360.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 740 Hours: 14

Minutes: 33 Seconds: 27

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

14 years ago 0 625 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Day 2 fay......it really does get easier........
You CAN do this and when they see you are doing it......you'll be supported.

Meanwhile.......come here and vent, rant whatever you need.......we all did it

Bob

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/27/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 197
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 5,910
Amount Saved: $827.40
Life Gained:
Days: 41 Hrs: 5 Mins: 27 Seconds: 9

14 years ago 0 955 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
fay,

To add your quit meter, just click on 'Support Group Options' and from there you can add your quit meter to each of your posts.

Hopefully you find this helpful!

Sarah, Health Educator
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

14 years ago 0 955 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
fay,

Congratulations on making it through your first day smoke-free! That's amazing!

You have done the right thing by venting here instead of reaching for those cigarettes. It can be difficult when those around you are not as supportive of your quit or your cravings. Often these people may not fully understand what you are going through or how hard it can be for you.

Stay close to the boards and please keep us posted on how you are doing. We are here for you whenever you need us!

Sarah, Health Educator
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

14 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Fay, I wish I could take all of the pain away and make people behave. What a distraction smoking has been for you all of these years. You never noticed your kids talk incessantly? Girl, drink lots of ice cold water and become child-deaf. You know, it's like parent-deaf, like when you call out to your children when they're watching TV... but somehow they don't hear you. You'll become excellent at filtering out "noise" after a while. As for your friends, some of them are probably jealous; others, dysfunctional. The dysfunctional ones just liked complaining. Now you've turned their world upside down. Are you going to let them win? Are you going to hand your quit over to them? N.O.P.E. Tell them they can't have it. Their not bad people, just misguided. Now you are probably also just angry because you aren't smoking. What that's about I'm not really sure. I noticed that my initial anger and then subsequently tearfulness were because I was afraid of the demon at first. He had gotten the best of me so many times before, but this time I said, Enough. I don't even let that demon get a good start. It may not feel like it right now, but each time you practice saying NOPE, it becomes more and more your innate way of dealing with cravings, and you'll realize "This too shall pass."

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/1/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 102
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,856
Amount Saved: $1,106.70
Life Gained:
Days: 11 Hrs: 5 Mins: 11 Seconds: 16

Reading this thread: