Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,498 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Day 4 ... KABOOM!

15 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You are doing an outstanding job!!!  Drink lots of water for the dry mouth and have some mints to suck on.  You are and will do this!!

Keep the Quit
Sparky

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/27/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 11
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 110
Amount Saved: $22.00
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 16 Mins: 37 Seconds: 11

15 years ago 0 916 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang on Bugger!!!!!!
You are doing great!! All the physical discomforts last only a few days. So hang on! We have been there. It gets better.
Believe me!!
Marivi

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/23/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 74
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,110
Amount Saved: $111.00
Life Gained:
Days: 8 Hrs: 11 Mins: 48 Seconds: 29

15 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Buggerdb,

As you said, keep the momentum going - before you know it you will be through with Hell Week!

You had a slip and hopefully you have taken some time to learn what caused the slip so that you are better prepared for future triggers. Congrats on jumping back on the wagon!

Stay strong,

Faryal, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 625 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Doing GOOD.......

Bob

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/27/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 70
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,100
Amount Saved: $294.00
Life Gained:
Days: 14 Hrs: 17 Mins: 27 Seconds: 37

15 years ago 0 706 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
wooohooo!!!  another day done!  way to go!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/18/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 720
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 14,400
Amount Saved: $2,520.00
Life Gained:
Days: 58 Hrs: 14 Mins: 22 Seconds: 4

15 years ago 0 278 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Today is 1 week since I started, yay!  But I had a slip, so I am considering this day 3 smoke free done.  Yes!  Here comes day 4 the sequel.  Today was tough, but better than the first couple days.  Still had that dry mouth.  And yes, today was a smoke free workday!  I've not smoked in all my "smoking triggers" now... and now it is just keeping the momentum going.  4 more days until the endless hell week comes to an end.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/3/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 3
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 42
Amount Saved: $21.00
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 10 Mins: 17 Seconds: 21

Buggerdb, no need to apologize.  I have been where you are at many times.  Although I have never have had a two year quit.  Be kind to yourself.  Sometime I get on my band wagon not to talk down to but to help.  In no way do I ever intend to hurt anyone.  I am in my dangerous time now.  For some reason the first week is dicey, but I know it will be so I fight though.  It is when I know the chemicals are gone that the stinking thinking returns.  It is my thinker that needs work.  So glad you are here with us.

Keep the Quit
Sparky

My Milage:

Smoke-Free Days: 9
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 90
Amount Saved: $18.00
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 8 Mins: 23 Seconds: 44

15 years ago 0 363 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang in there buggerdb, you can do this. I am back to work for the first time since I started my quit today, and I am feeling those old desires creeping up into my brain. I decided instead of sitting and watching tv during my first break, I walked around the facility, took about 20 minutes and it felt good. I feel part of breaking old habits are creating new, more healthy ones. Again, hang in there!!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/1/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 4
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 160
Amount Saved: $48.00
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 15 Mins: 32 Seconds: 32

• Quit Meter

$37,557.98

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 987 Hours: 19

Minutes: 3 Seconds: 12

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 278 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky, I apologize about the meter.  I have it changed now, didn't think to change it. Yes, I smoked, and I will own up to it.  Back on the wagon today, no smokes, and more determined than ever.  Like I said before, the one time I did quit for a couple years... exact same thing happened at day 4.  I am a bit stronger on this quit than I was in the previous one.  I am not going to dwell on the slip or having the smoke (I tend to call it a slip, because I let my "addict self" win), I could have done nothing this week and smoked the 60 some odd cigarettes I would have consumed in 5 days.  The way I am going at this now, if I let this get me down and go back, who's to say when the next quit attempt would be?  I think sometimes are mindsets can be different, and from looking on here no two quit attempts are a like.  Some goof up like I did, some take a few tries, some go cold turkey,  some use NRT, etc.  Whatever I have to tell myself or do to win at this point, that is what I am doing.  The quit is a personal one, just like it is for everyone else.  This is just "under the microscope" a little bit more since we come here for counseling.  I couldn't have come this far without this place.  Good luck Sparky... you have made it past week one, this is your time and your quit.   I have looked on here for the past few days, and have seen what a journey this has been for you.  It's tough, but you are doing better than I am right now, so keep at it!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/3/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 1
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 14
Amount Saved: $7.00
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 5 Mins: 4 Seconds: 49

They say the average is 7???  Oh my I can't even be average when it comes to quitting .  Ok you slipped, but you are back.  I can't get inside your head, but I do hear you and understand what it takes to come here and admit that you slipped - no you smoked.  I have never had a slip I knew exactly what I was doing when I lit up.  No one held me down and made me smoke, I did that all by myself.  I don't want you to be upset, but until I could deal with the part of going back to smoking it never worked for me.  Many can tell you that I have been here many times and each time I took what they told me and kept moving forward.  I would reset my meter, own up to MY behavior and get back to quitting by helping others.  One day I will find my lasting quit and I hope it is with you and the others here.  Smile, today is great!!

Keep the Quit
Sparky

My Milage:

Smoke-Free Days: 8
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 80
Amount Saved: $16.00
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 6 Mins: 38 Seconds: 6

Reading this thread: