Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,520 Members

Please welcome our newest members: FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12

Quit Date is Feb 26th.... May need some help

15 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone.  I am ready to quit smoking, I am on Day Three of Champix and have 7 days left to my quit date.  I have been a 20 a day smoker for 15 years and I have never REALLY tried to quit before.  They have always been weak attempts to keep my Husband, kids or family members off of my back.  This time I feel different...I have been a crying, sobbing mess for about 5 days, I flushed my cigarettes down the toilet but went out and bought another one within 8 hours.  I have made big steps in changing my habits and in the last 3 days I have only smoked a total of 17 cigarettes....that is HUGE for me.  But, why do I feel so desolate and unsure of success?  I am scared of failing, what do I do?  Anyone around me either hasn't smoked or is so negative that it is difficult to phone them for support.  I VERY badly want to quit... am I expecting too much of myself too soon?  Any advice from anyone will be extremely welcome....

Reading this thread: