Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,527 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

The first week has arrived.

15 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
DC and Irish, congratulations on surviving Hell Week!  Now you're in Heck Week!  Then comes your one month!  What has motivated me the last 2 weeks is my mileage.  Be sure to have yours set up so you see it all the time DC!  Seeing how much money I've saved, how many cigs I haven't smoked, how much time I have regained is the biggest motivator to me.  Congrats again!  We all need to have a one month anniversary party next month for everybody who started to quit in August!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/20/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 15
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 600
Amount Saved: $120.00
Life Gained:
Days: 2 Hrs: 8 Mins: 12 Seconds: 43

15 years ago 0 289 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

you're not putting lotion on your arms anytime before u put a patch on are you, thats why they weren't sticking to me. Try what Brenna said too cause mine even stayed on in the shower , I used my back shoulder alot as a place to apply them.

Lisa

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/30/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 158
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 6,320
Amount Saved: $695.20
Life Gained:
Days: 17 Hrs: 7 Mins: 31 Seconds: 17

15 years ago 0 1153 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Irish,

On many patches the adhesive material is activated by body heat. We suggest you keep your hand on top of the patch for about 30 seconds when you first apply it to get teh glue warm.

Great stats!

Brenna, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 24 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for the congrats from you all.  As far as those patches go...if they keep falling off it just might be telling me that I don't need to use them...(but I feel safer with them) 

You guys rock!!
Irish

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/28/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 7
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 140
Amount Saved: $30.45
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 1 Mins: 6 Seconds: 40

15 years ago 0 433 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
whooo hooo!!!
Glad to see you have made it all the way through Hell Week! 
That is quite an accomplishment so be very proud of yourself and what YOU have been
able to do!

I used patches too, never had a problem with them falling off but my friend did.  He had a great idea, 
he used surgical tape to keep them on and it worked. Two strips of tape horizontally to keep the patch close 
to the skin.  Since it's summer time, those patches can really slide around.  Just an idea.

Congratulations on your great quit! 

HP

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/1/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 156
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,744
Amount Saved: $898.56
Life Gained:
Days: 19 Hrs: 2 Mins: 19 Seconds: 25

Irish,

Congrats! Make sure you reward yourself for achieving this huge accomplishment!

15 years ago 0 24 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yeah!!!!  Made it to day 7!!!   YEAHHHHHHHH!!! 

I'm not using chantix...I'm using my patch (when it stays on) and lots of prayer.  (don't know if I should put that in but that's what I'm using)

Congrats to all you others who have made it through Hell week...next ....Heck week.   Then What the heck week?  LOLOL

Irish

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/28/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 7
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 140
Amount Saved: $30.45
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 0 Mins: 36 Seconds: 16

15 years ago 0 289 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang in there DC you have made it through Hell week and are now into Heck week. You can win this battle.
Lisa

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/30/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 158
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 6,320
Amount Saved: $695.20
Life Gained:
Days: 17 Hrs: 6 Mins: 49 Seconds: 5

dcomputer,

Congratulations on making it through hell week! How did you reward yourself for reaching this great milestone?

Try to take a daily walk or get some good aerobic exercise each day to help with the stress. Relaxation techniques are also very beneficial when dealing with high stress jobs. A healthy diet will also help. 

Members,

What techniques have you used to conquer stress in your first couple weeks smoke free?

15 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dcomp!  Stick with it and don't let the workplace irritate you too much.  Go outside in the good weather for 5 minutes and do some deep breathing exercises to encourage elasticity back into your lungs - this might soothe the cough reactions in general.  Is that "wracking" coughs or just non-painful barking? If its painful and exhausting you should really check it out with your doctor...

You're already into Heck Week ( set up your Quit Meter!) and you're facing the challenge with menschlicheit! Proud of you!

Patrick

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/18/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 230
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 5,750
Amount Saved: $2,587.50
Life Gained:
Days: 42 Hrs: 17 Mins: 48 Seconds: 7

Reading this thread: