Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,501 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Tomorrow?s the BIG Day

15 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ron,

We are here for support and knowledge when you need us!  Continue preparing and let us help guide you!

Josie, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 52 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Tresa--You ROCK

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/26/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 0
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 0
Amount Saved: $0.00
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 0 Mins: 17 Seconds: 34

15 years ago 0 855 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
 Ron ill be here in your cheering section, stya focused and hang tough, this can be done, stay here for support we are here for you :)   Tresa
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/8/2002
Smoke-Free Days: 2179
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 52,296
Amount Saved: $9,151.80
Life Gained:
Days: 311 Hrs: 10 Mins: 24 Seconds: 32

15 years ago 0 52 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks so much to all of you! Finding this place and such incredible support has been an absolute godsend. I'm a few hours away from putting them down for good. I would not be in this place without all of you behind me. I'm ready for the fight and I'm sending that demon back to hell. This is my life and my body--I've already allowed it to do too much damage. NO MORE!

Bonnie--what awesome news!! You have been such an inspiration to me. You are such an incredibly insightful and loving person. I'm so glad to hear about the positive test results today and look forward to a long line of similar posts. You are an amazing person. With every thing you're going through, you're still there constantly to help all of us newbies find the way.

You once cautioned me against feeling sorry for you. That's not the case at all--how can you feel sorry for a true life hero? I'm just trying to stay on the trail that you so bravely created for us to follow.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/26/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 0
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 0
Amount Saved: $0.00
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 0 Mins: 9 Seconds: 38

15 years ago 0 135 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/8/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 17
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 340
Amount Saved: $34.00
Life Gained:
Days: 2 Hrs: 15 Mins: 18 Seconds: 31

15 years ago 0 1209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Ron,   Thinking about the quit and planning for it are nerve wracking to say the least.  I am glad you have this one out in the open... you have planned well.  You have tools and friends... and hope you have some rewards you are thinking about.

I had a Cardiac Stress Test yesterday with Nuclear imaging for blood supply/flow.    Everything is GOOD....

I'm not going to tell you this is a piece of Cake.. It's not and you already know this from "other quits".

I have to Remind myself sometimes... why I quit, the benefits, etc.....  It is a "habit" something we did for many years... me... over 40 .  I remind myself of my milestones, my rewards.

I remind myself What a HUGE LIAR nicotine .. and the addiction really is.    The junkie is SNEAKY... you will read or hear something... oh this causes cancer.. that is a risk for cancer...etc...so  the junkie is trying to slip in by saying.. you are already at risk.. so..........

I say get outta here...    i am too far to turn around now.. i can walk without getting out of breath... i don't smell, and I am not cleaning ashtrays, or walking into a car, clothes, etc smelling of stale stinky smoke.

you can do this.... you will do this..   GET  TRY out of your vocabulary... and say I AM quitting, I WILL do this...

get your attiude... and positive thinking, witts and challenge mode on...  

my next goal    6 months.

Bonnie 
  one day at a time.. some times a minute at a time.. but I do not smoke.  I m beginning to feel like a Non Smoker, and even with stress or  fear, emotions.. I am Not craving or looking/wanting that "thing".. now I run for a hug from my husband.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 2/10/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 166
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,822
Amount Saved: $564.40
Life Gained:
Days: 23 Hrs: 19 Mins: 37 Seconds: 57

15 years ago 0 433 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Ron, 
I'm too am in your cheering section! 

On my quit, I just threw the pack away and didn't go back.
*Spontaneous NON-combustion.*
Looking back, I wish I had prepared a bit but luckily I found this site very soon after.  

You are in the best place to quit!  Tomorrow you will start a great new life!!!! 
Get the ice water, the straws, the popscicles, a binky ... whatever it takes and.........

GO FOR IT!!!!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/1/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 115
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,760
Amount Saved: $662.40
Life Gained:
Days: 14 Hrs: 2 Mins: 32 Seconds: 49

15 years ago 0 649 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lean away..............That's what this is all about.  I'll try to check in over the weekend to see how you're doing.

Moss

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 11/19/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 249
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,735
Amount Saved: $840.38
Life Gained:
Days: 40 Hrs: 1 Mins: 59 Seconds: 22

15 years ago 0 84 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good Luck...you can do this!   We are here for you....this is the beginning of the best of everything....take each day as it comes - resist the urge - post often and remember NOPE. not one puff ever.   we are here for you.
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 2/7/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 169
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 5,070
Amount Saved: $2,154.75
Life Gained:
Days: 19 Hrs: 6 Mins: 15 Seconds: 50

• Quit Meter

$7,226.70

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 798 Hours: 15

Minutes: 40 Seconds: 2

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 1107 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You're in the right place, Ron.

Just always remember to post before you smoke! Wait for at least 5 replies, and you'll do great!

Congratulations on your decision to live!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 10/28/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 271
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 10,840
Amount Saved: $1,707.30
Life Gained:
Days: 48 Hrs: 17 Mins: 52 Seconds: 45

Reading this thread: