Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,531 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Am I crazy?

15 years ago 0 228 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Theresa,

No thanks necessary!! That's what we are here for.  Don't give up that fight in you, I know exactly how you feel.  I was the same way, and some days still am.  I can tell you that IT WILL GET BETTER!!  I think i am always going to be one of those people who enjoyed smoking.. I know that sounds so bad but I did, I loved every minute of it.  BUT I knew I had to quit and this is my second try.  I tried a few years back and found this site and loved everyone here but it didn't last long.  I think I made it maybe 3 months and then gave in to the NIC-Demon and caved.  I just wasnt ready I guess.   I always had it in the back of my mind that I wanted to try this non-smoking thing a try again, so I did.  I had help with the Chantix but I only took it for 3 weeks.  The rest of the hard work is all me. 

I also know how you feel about the weight gain!  I said this to so many people (and still do) that it is so frustrating because you are trying to do something really good by quiting smoking and then WAMMO the next thing you know your Jeans don't fit anymore.. Trust me I have had MANY of days were I was like forget it!!  This is crazy!! But I kept at it.  And I thought I could always loose the weight I put on but I can't loose Lung Cancer!  And that's how I make it though!  You will find what works for you and just keep telling yourself that it's worth it, because it is.

Frankie

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/16/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 102
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,550
Amount Saved: $637.50
Life Gained:
Days: 8 Hrs: 0 Mins: 16 Seconds: 11

15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You are all so supportive of one another. It is so great to see.
Keep up the great work! I am glad that you are rewarding yourselves, you definitely deserve it!

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 126 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Frankie,
I just saw your post and wanted to say Thanks!
Most of the time I look at my weak points and see my failures in more vivid colors than my accomplishments.  I think I am beginning to be proud of myself, thanks to all the wonderful people here. Reading about others' struggles has helped me put mine in a more realistic perspective.  

Looking forward to redecorating!
Theresa

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 6/9/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 17
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 289
Amount Saved: $57.80
Life Gained:
Days: 2 Hrs: 1 Mins: 32 Seconds: 28

Hi Ron,
The beach sounds awesome, I KNOW you will make it there with ease....
I wish I could force myself to get into the exercise thing. I think If I just get started I'll like it and want to continue. Because of physical limitations ( a nasty car accident many years ago and numerous orthopaedic issues) I can't run, but no excuse for not walking.
GULP....maybe if I say out loud that I'll commit to walking 1 mile today...
I'll keep you informed.  Keep me posted about the surfing thing.

We CAN and WILL do this!
Theresa

My Milage:

Smoke-Free Days: 17
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 289
Amount Saved: $57.80
Life Gained:
Days: 2 Hrs: 1 Mins: 31 Seconds: 50

15 years ago 0 377 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Theresa,
Glad you were able to do something fun like a massage. I know I have that as one of my rewards going forward.  My reward was purchasing some things that would help me get into substitutes for smoking. It was kind of a fun day of buying stuff I would have never had the slightest interest in a week or so back. Running shoes (Asiacs), Yoga Mat, Under Amour lightweight clothes for running etc.  I'm sure my money I'll be saving by not smoking will pay for this in no time.  At my two weeks I plan to hang out at the beach for the 4th which will be fun. My next thing I'm thinking I might like to try is surfing but I'm not quite there yet.

Ron

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 6/17/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 9
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 162
Amount Saved: $40.50
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 9 Mins: 59 Seconds: 20

15 years ago 0 228 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Theresa,

I just read you post and have to say "YOU GO GIRL"  I don't think at day 10 I could have done what you did!!  That's awesome and you should be so proud of yourself.. I know what you mean about Disney because I did the same thing last year when I went to Six Flags.. It was horrible and  I felt like I was on the animal on display.  I am so glad I don't have to do that anymore.  Don't get me wrong some days are tougher than others but you make it though, by comeing here, posting and reading.  You can do it!! I have faith in ya, and I loved what you said about a blank canvas! It's always nice to redecorate!!

Frankie  

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/16/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 102
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,550
Amount Saved: $637.50
Life Gained:
Days: 7 Hrs: 23 Mins: 37 Seconds: 19

Thanks Ron,

And I see you have completed hell week....A very heartfelt WAY TO GO and CONGRATULATIONS to you too!
Yes I did reward my heck week completion with a 1 hour massage, oh it was wonderful.

How about you, did you reward yourself for completing hell week??

Theresa

My Milage:

Smoke-Free Days: 16
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 272
Amount Saved: $54.40
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 22 Mins: 48 Seconds: 23

15 years ago 0 377 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Theresa,
I just saw that you got through Heck Week! Congratulations. Are you going to celebrate or just carry on with the fight?   Hope it gets easier for you  now that you've passed the hardest two weeks.  Enjoyed reading your blog I think it personalizes your quit, right on.
Ron

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 6/17/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 7
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 126
Amount Saved: $31.50
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 4 Mins: 9 Seconds: 0

This is great because I think I'm pretty good at picking it out, but I don't have a CLUE how to hang it.

You know, sometimes being down to the bare walls isn't such a bad thing. It lets us see our room in a more simple state. 
I think my bare walls have quite a few gouges in them, but with a good strong spackle to repair them, they can be salvaged and create the basis for a decent finished product.
 Maybe our bare walls allow us to appreciate the new wallpaper all the more. 

We can draw from each other's strengths, I'll help you pick it out and you help me hang it. We'll have the most beautiful walls one has ever seen.
I think we need something incredibly smart and sassy..  What do you think?

Theresa

My Milage:

Smoke-Free Days: 10
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 170
Amount Saved: $34.00
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 5 Mins: 50 Seconds: 37

15 years ago 0 216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I love hanging wallpaper. 
Where do you want to start. 

We can help each other hang it.

I do believe I have stripped all mine off so I have a clean canvas to start on. 
Just can't decide what I want.

Need to get some up soon.

Beckylynn

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/29/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 51
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,020
Amount Saved: $76.50
Life Gained:
Days: 6 Hrs: 1 Mins: 56 Seconds: 36

Reading this thread: