Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,630 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

glad to be back!

15 years ago 0 107 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you MrLucky.  I will do my best to follow your advice.

I hope you are doing well today!  Have a wonderful smoke-free evening  :)

Jen

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/5/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 30
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 600
Amount Saved: $150.00
Life Gained:
Days: 2 Hrs: 13 Mins: 32 Seconds: 17

15 years ago 0 75 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Moss, thanks for telling me that I helped you back then by laughing. I'm glad you are still smoke free.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 6/3/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 1
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 17
Amount Saved: $4.00
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 7 Mins: 48 Seconds: 41

hang on to that feeling about feeling so good being smoke ftee. After a month or more of being smoke free the cigg wasn't that good and the few times I did it, it was never worth it. In my case it was after an accident and the other time was just frustration. Neithr time was it worth it or even close and I got hooked again. Enjoy being free and clean  and don't let it slip away.

My Milage:

Smoke-Free Days: 1
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 17
Amount Saved: $4.00
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 7 Mins: 48 Seconds: 20

15 years ago 0 107 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Mr. Lucky,

Welcome back!  I was reading your post and I was wondering (because I'm at 30 days myself) why do you think you gave up your quits after you had a month or more? Is there something that might be around the corner for me (us) that I am not thinking about?  I mean other then the craves of course - I know those will crop up.  It just feels so good to be smoke-free right now, I want to keep my quit.  Can you share why you didn't keep your quits?

I hope you stay and keep your this time :)

Jen

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/5/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 30
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 600
Amount Saved: $150.00
Life Gained:
Days: 2 Hrs: 13 Mins: 13 Seconds: 1

15 years ago 0 127 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Mr Lucky! I think you and I are in a similar boat! I can stop, but I always seem to go back and smoke for a week, off, back on, off for a few days, back on, circle = torture! Its hard to even imagine never having a cigarette again. And its scary to know that you are only one cig away from undoing all your good work and being back in square one. No one can predict the future, I don't know if I will never smoke again. Right now, I'm happy. I haven't smoked in 10 days and it has been the easiest quit I've ever had, up till now. Yesterday and today, I started craving and it knocked me a bit but I'm good, its just part of the process! Just do whatever works for you, but remember that many people on this site understand where you are coming from and have been there as well. I think I'm gonna take their advice from now on, there's no such thing as one.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/26/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 9
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 207
Amount Saved: �78.14
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 15 Mins: 15 Seconds: 3

15 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just remember Mister Lucky... You can never take another drag on a cigarette or any other nicotine delivery system... you're an addict and like an alcoholic, say, one puff is too many and a 1000 are never enough!

NOPE - Keep that in mind - always...

Patrick

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/18/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 138
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,450
Amount Saved: $1,552.50
Life Gained:
Days: 25 Hrs: 17 Mins: 9 Seconds: 14

15 years ago 0 649 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I think you were the one that said

" The drink bone's connected to the smoke bone." ............I was having a glass of wine and craving a cig when I read that.  It hit me so funny that I laughed myself right out of the crave.  and didn't have another glass that day.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 11/19/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 198
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,970
Amount Saved: $668.25
Life Gained:
Days: 31 Hrs: 20 Mins: 53 Seconds: 49

15 years ago 0 649 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi MrLucky

I remember you from when I started here in the fall.  I think a lot of folks go through exactly what  you have for the last months.  Perhaps for you that is the part of the process which will bring you to the final quit.  After going back a few times and seeing each time that it did not improve your mindset may be the experience that will keep you quit. 

Glad you are back and Hang in there

Moss

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 11/19/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 198
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,970
Amount Saved: $668.25
Life Gained:
Days: 31 Hrs: 20 Mins: 45 Seconds: 53

Your write smoking does not calm you down and in fact makes me more anxious.

My Milage:

Smoke-Free Days: 0
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 0
Amount Saved: $0.00
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 4 Mins: 11 Seconds: 48

15 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I finally had to tell myself that I'm tired of trying to quit. That takes too many energy. I also realize that not smoking does not change my life in any way. Smoking doesn't make me less angry or more angry. Not smoking doesn't either. Frankly, smoking doesn't relieve any of the things I like to believe it does. As a matter of fact, I think smoking actually stresses me more, because I feel like a failure and can't control it. I've never been able to just cut down and the effort it takes to try might as well be used to just stop.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 6/1/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 2
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 70
Amount Saved: $25.55
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 7 Mins: 27 Seconds: 1

Reading this thread: