Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Hi, from a 45 year smoking vet

16 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Diane, sounds like you've got a good handle on this and congratulations on 10 years of sobriety!!! Keep your coping strategies close by and stay close to the site and you'll do fine!!! Way to go on 12 days smoke free also!!!!! Just remember N.O.P.E. [IMG]http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll13/Meg02915/nope.jpg[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/7/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 33 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 264 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $67.72 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
16 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow everyone is so great here! Thank you. This is the hardest thing I have ever done. Believe me I mean that whole heartily. I will tell everyone this because I am proud and grateful that I've been given a second (and third) chance. I am a recovered alcoholic, (over 10 years!) and giving up drinking was MUCH easier then giving up smoking. I find myself using the tools of AA when things get really rough.I am still getting awful cravings, that last sometimes more then an hour..I am holding on, just remembering I never have to go through this again if I choose not to!! Thank you for all the support and just listening to my rambles! :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/28/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 240 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $36.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
16 years ago 0 567 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi & Welcome to hubbie & wife & smlfree! You are all doing great. Come here frequently for support and affirmation that this in fact can be done....Work the tools and resources and remember NOPE.... Let the meters roll.... ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/1/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,020 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $229.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
16 years ago 0 130 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just wanted to say hi to a vet smoker from another vet smoker (50 years) and congratulate you for your decision to quit. My aha moment came when I had an ashtray full of butts and I honestly didn't know how many I smoked and how many how burnt out. I counted them, multiplied it by the cost of each one and realized that my money was literally going up in smoke. I asked my doctor for a prescription for Chantix and had it filled in October but didn't set a quit day until I identified all my triggers - which seemed to be everything I did. My Q-Day wound up to be Thanksgiving 2007 and I've been smoke free since. I didn't find SSC for a while but I'm so glad I did as it has been a lifesaver for me when the cravings came on. So much support from others here, so much caring and so much incentive to keep on going NOPE. Good luck, post your mileage and watch the days whiz by. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 134 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,680 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $830.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
16 years ago 0 447 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
For sure, we all do it together. Welcome to you! It is really all a matter of attitude. When I first started this I was having a hard time getting to the attitude of "I Quit" rather than "I'm trying to quit" and "this is so hard". Once I was able to change my attitude it's been smooth sailing. Oh I think about it and the craves are still there but I don't have to act on them. Glad you are here and yes get that quit meter going so we can all see how you are doing too! Terry [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/17/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 47 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 470 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $70.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
16 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi from an ex 50 year smoking vet See my stats below...... We can do it together me [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 605 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 13,310 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �3,236.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 121 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
16 years ago 0 1107 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Diane...Welcome to the SSC! You've made it through hell week!!! Get yourself and your husband a terrific reward. The hardest part is over. My wife quit the day after me..we both went cold turkey, she definitely has had a harder time of it then me. She's doing it though. Hang tough, and remember to post before you smoke. Goofy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 158 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,320 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $995.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 28 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
16 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Diane, Welcome to SSC! Congratulations to both you and your husband for being smoke free one week now! Hell week, as they say, is over. I'm using the nicotine patch and wellbutrin(Zyban), and I really try hard not to look any further ahead than today. I've been smoking a pack a day(25) for nearly 27 years, and just like you, I knew it was time to stop. I also got tired of feeling like an outcast. You'll feel soooo much better for this. Good luck to you, and keep posting here, it really helps. Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/27/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 67 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,675 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $569.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
16 years ago 0 967 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi and welcome. hang out here and post, it helps. My husband has always appeared to have an easier time, I think they can just pretend better..hang tough..stay strong and congratulations!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 119 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,570 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $446.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
16 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Diane and congratulations on making it through Hell week!! Stay close to the site, it's a great place to hang out. People are great and advice is the best. Have a great smoke free day! [IMG]http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll13/Meg02915/prod_441_29445.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/7/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 27 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 216 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $55.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12

Reading this thread: