Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,684 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Strongyogi*, TNIKKA, SKARYLE KATE, BMARC ANTHONY, MNJD

No longer mouse in corner!

16 years ago 0 58 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome aboard Liz!! This is the quit train :) This is a great site and I can't imagine anyone trying to quit without it. I'm on the patch and doing good, awsome really. 46 days, thats awsome to me. 2 more weeks of patches and I'm done with them too! So glad you're here. There's lots of new people, that's great. Damn cigs anyway!!! Lots of luck to you on your journey........Dasie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/19/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 46 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,380 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $293.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
16 years ago 0 220 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Morning Liz and how is Day 5? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/21/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 44 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 792 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $168.30 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
16 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Liz, 4 days is great news! And your 4 days are FAR more important than my last 4 days' quit! :) Oh - and it's 5 days now! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 751 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 22,530 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �5,632.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 122 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Liz, Congrats on four days and welcome to the group! We encourage you to look through our forums, continue participating and to work through the exercises in your glove compartment. Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 210 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Way to go Liz! Your on the right track...now just keep going. Excellent! Dan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]9/17/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 169 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,140 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,799.85 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 25 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
16 years ago 0 1209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Liz, I am also on Chantix. It has been a bg help, but your attitude is the biggest part. Before I always said I will "TRY" this time i said I WILL QUIT. yOU have seen.. N O P E (not one puff ever). It is True... not even one puff. I m on day 23 now.. totally amazing for me.. and it is a joy to see the meters..... Stay close, come post before you puff. If you can't tell yourself well if I still want one in 5 or 10 minutes.... the crave will be gone by then... and keep a bottle of water with you EVERYWHERE. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/10/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 391 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $61.58 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
16 years ago 0 220 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Liz Welcome!! and four days is a lot to be proud of!! Those days are the worst, better times are on the horizon!! Congrats to you and keep on posting and reading here. Fill out all your info in your glove box and enjoy reading that meter! It makes life so much fun, I look at mine first thing every morning and thank God I found this website and such a great group of people...you WILL do this, I know it! Hang Tough!! ;-) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/21/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 43 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 774 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $164.48 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
16 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello, Liz! You've cleared the nicotine out of your system in four days and this is your fifth day without a smoke.. Big, I mean, Huge Congratulations to you and welcome in here to the SSC. I'll repeat it for you tho' I know you've read it a hundred times in the members' posts --- Drink lots of iced water, and talk loudly to yourself in your head when you get a smoke-thought or a craving, avoid the usual triggers you have when you used to smoke (coffee, post prandial, alcohol etc), stick close to the site and cry out for help before you take a drag on a cigarette, and wait for a while for support from the members here. Not even a puff ... Not even one. It will disappoint you and set you back to the slavery of the tobacco companies.. Not One Puff Ever = N.O.P.E. Patrick [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/18/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 46 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,150 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $517.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
16 years ago 0 222 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome to the site Liz, Congrats on your decision to quit. Keep coming on to the site you will get loads of help and support they are just terrific people I could never have gotten this far without them they are the best. Wish you luck [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/2/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 62 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,860 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �678.90 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
16 years ago 0 120 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
way to go liz on the terrific mental attitude, and congrats on day 4. i've heard great reports of chantix here and elsewhere. we'll all support you all the way elaine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/4/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 60 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,200 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �447.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37

Reading this thread: