Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

Hi, I'm back on the bandwagon!

16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Paula! Welcome to SSC! This is the best site to help you quit! Do the program and read all the posts you can read, there is so much useful information here. Have some cold water, gum, hard candy, straws at your disposal, and try to rearrange your routine somewhat, as it really helps in controlling the cravings! We are here to help you! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 342 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,550 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,608.10 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 44 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
16 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome aboard Paula. Grats on your decision and on making it here! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 573 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 42,975 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $10,743.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 51 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
16 years ago 0 14 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, just wanted to introduce myself! I'm Paula, I'm 23 and I've been smoking for 10 years. I quit for about 4 weeks in 2005 and that was about it. To be honest, I haven't thought this through, its a spur of the moment thing. I normally ponder the idea of quitting for weeks and then decide its not the right time etc etc Kinda realised it'll never be the right time! I've told no one and want to keep it that way till I feel more confident, so you guys are the only support I have right now. I'm in between jobs at the moment so I'm hoping to make some positive life changes in the next few weeks. I've felt pretty bad about myself and scared and unconfident for a good while, undeserving of a good life and I want to break out of that pattern. Cigarettes were fuelling it as well subconciously I think, killing myself slowly and not treating my life as precious. I know I'm going to need help to keep my spirits high but I'm really looking forward to a clean taste in my mouth! So in advance, thank you all so much and I'll check in with you later!!! Wish me luck! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/11/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �0.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20

Reading this thread: