Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,542 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf

Almost at the end of 4th week.

16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Go Tomaz, you are almost at the Magic Ship! Hurray for you! Keep on quitting! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 342 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,550 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,608.10 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 44 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
16 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Very well done, Tomaz... keep on truckin'... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/18/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 575 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $258.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats Tomaz! That's fantastic! Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Up to day 45 now... I can't believe it has been that long already!! Still cravings, but very easy to fight off. Actually, I'm not so sure they are cravings, but feelings of being a bit stressed that I think I used to unknowingly fight off with the cigs. Onward... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/27/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 44 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 528 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $286.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
16 years ago 0 880 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tomaz I understand your concern and I can assure you that if you remain at it long enough, eventually the craves disappear. In fact it is kind of like those intense craves morph into passing thoughts. At that point I remember I felt that I actually had a choice of whether to smoke or not. It was a very liberating sensation. For once in my life I was not driven to smoke...I could decide...Fancy that...As time has gone on I don't even think of smoking anymore. There is some kind of rewiring of the brain that goes on as you progress. You may or may not notice the decrease of desire, but I think that you will know when you reach that point where it becomes a decision and not a compulsion...Hang in there, you are doing so very well. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 403 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,090 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4,231.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 75 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
  • Quit Meter

$66,612.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1374 Hours: 9

Minutes: 14 Seconds: 37

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The craves do go away - you may have "urges" for some time - those are just triggered by doing things that you used to do as a smoker, and now not smoking. Usually once you make it through them once, they go away. They many even be a change of seasons, so be on the look out for them and don't let them grab ya! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 564 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 42,300 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $10,575.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 50 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
16 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I would like to reiterate Brubaker's response - plus, it's nice to know your friend encouraged you by letting you know that they do disappear completely. I'll encourage you too. They do disappear and completely! What's a craving? My memory is not very good but I do know that I have read about them in history books! Good luck tomaz61 and congratulations! Penitent d1354 :)
  • Quit Meter

$56,848.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1125 Hours: 21

Minutes: 46 Seconds: 42

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
T, Unfortunately one of the things about NRT is that you are still feeding your brain the necessary triggers for the feel good factor. So until you come off those completely you'll still have the cravings (and for some time after). The quick method is Cold Turkey - not eating the stuff you understand ;) but success rates aren't good. Champix / Chantrix is very good and that's what I'm using. I had cravings the last time I quit until about week 10 - maybe that's unusual - but that was the way it was. Just keep going and you've got 4 under your belt!! Brilliant. brubaker [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/11/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 240 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �66.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
16 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tomaz, Congrats on 30 days and some great realizations! Good for you, you are looking great! Josie, Health Educator
16 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I asked a friend of mine who quit a year ago if he still gets cravings... I was relieved to hear that he does not. Whew... it's all a matter of time. Now, I'm having a pretty easy weekend of it so far!! Down with the discouragement up with the encouragement. AND, I really like the colour in my face lately!! It has a nice healthy look! Very cool! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/27/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 360 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $195.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44

Reading this thread: