Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,535 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Quitting in Toronto....

16 years ago 0 1153 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dan, Try to make the car a non-smoking environment. Set some boundaries for yourself as to where you can and can't smoke. For long car rides bring a bottle of water, some straws, chewing gum and anything else you can think of to keep your mouth and hands busy. Good for you for cutting back, you're on the right track! Brenna, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 220 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Dan...Welcome to group I, too, am a "newbie". Just quit this week and am proud to say I have not had a cig in 5 days!! Be prepared for a couple of tough days, I was so unsure what would happen and I think fear is a nasty creature of habit that causes us to question ourselves and our motives for smoking. But, I was lucky to find this great website and a wonderful bunch of extremely supportive people that have kept me sane these past few days. And, most important, I am doing it! I am finally quitting smoking after all these years.."Oh, still crazy, still crazy, but not smoking after all these years!" (sorry Paul Simon for rearranging your words, just felt like singing a bit this morning!) :)
16 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
WOW WOW & WOW Thanks a million everyone - honestly I had no idea what to expect throwing a post up here but all of you are really great! All your words of encouragment are really refershing. Well things are going pretty good so far - I've been able to drop a good 4-5 smokes out of day, sliped a bit yesterday - high stress day lving on my cell and blackberry in the car dealing with winy clients on the phone - lol - c'est la vie. The car is a killer for me - i find the need to smoke out of boredom. But things are going great at the office and at night - even went out for drinks and only broke for 1 smoke when others were going out more often. baby steps i guess, but I do find these 1mg pills working great Thanks a million guys - to all of you you've been a great support. I'll keep you posted. Cheers from The Big Smoke (no pun intended lol) Toronto, Dan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/13/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] -324 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $-129.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] -217088
16 years ago 0 2223 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am so sorry for the Confusion, iam No Smokin Tresa i was trying to get into the new version of the Instant message so i could chat and help with the new people, i still dont really have it figured out yet, so if you see Tresa it is me :) NS Tresa [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1995 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 39,900 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6,982.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 285 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
  • Quit Meter

$14,580.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 688 Hours: 17

Minutes: 32 Seconds: 3

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Right, Gen, who is the new Tresa?? Halllloooo Tresa, come out come out wherever you are! This is the friendliest, most caring site you'll ever find and you're safe here - A windlass is the doohickey that you see those America Cup guys winding at top speed with their arms flying in and out and is the thing that pulls the sails around to where the Cap'n wants them to catch the wind.... I'm pretty sure that's what they do. Well, maybe they make coffee too... or crank-up the air con... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/17/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 175 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $78.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
16 years ago 0 1056 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That's funny I think Tresa must be a different person to No Smoking Tresa. Anyway Dan, welcome to the site and good luck with your quit. It is the best decision to make and although I can't pretend to know what a windlass is I am sure it will make it easier for you..... Read lots on here and post. Best wishes from across the pond! Gen :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 302 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,832 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1,510.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 41 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
16 years ago 0 855 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello
16 years ago 0 1160 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Dan, Welcome to the group. You are making such a good dicision to quit smoking. The sooner the better. I dont know why I didn't quit sooner. Could have, should have and wish I hads are a few of the things that has been so hard for me to accept. Plus I just didn't want to admit I was an addict. It makes you feel sort of dumb once you realize you are poisioning yourself and paying a pretty good chunk of money to do it. Positive attitude is a must. The demon will try all sorts of stuff to get you back. Be prepared to kick butt. Good Quitting. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 204 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,080 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $816.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 27 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
16 years ago 0 2223 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Dan , welcome to SSC this is a good place to be for support, hang out with us and let us help you, Hang tough and good Luck Tresa [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1994 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 39,880 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6,979.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 285 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
  • Quit Meter

$14,580.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 688 Hours: 17

Minutes: 32 Seconds: 3

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 2417 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I quit when I turned 40 to. I think that is the age that you finally realize that you DO REALLY get old! Good luck. You can do it too! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 380 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,700 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,596.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 36 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19

Reading this thread: