Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,498 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Hi all! I'm not new, but I am returning!

16 years ago 0 695 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Betty...... Great advice! I think you have been very successful!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 109 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,180 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $327.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
16 years ago 0 251 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great advice, Betty. What you say is very true. I do have to have a mindset for it to succeed. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 210 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $92.82 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
  • Quit Meter

$56,496.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 779 Hours: 21

Minutes: 19 Seconds: 58

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 43 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Like I say...each person has to find the way that WORKS for them! I tried for 28 years to quit! I tried accupuncture, stop smoking classes, patches (prescription strength), gum (prescription strength), Zyban (prescription strength), hypnosis, and every other gadget, gimmick, or gizmo they came out with that was *guaranteed* to work! But, it wasn't until I set my mind to it, was able to break the *reaching* habit FIRST, and then face, fight & deal with the temptations to rid my body of the nicotene that made me crave the cigarettes. And, for ME...the best way to get rid of the nicotene was to go through the *cold turkey* withdrawal with NO form of *nicotene* assistance. So, I armored myself with... 1) Rubberband to changing my thought pattern & retrain my brain to THINK about *reaching*, to break the habit. 2) Wellbutrin to soothe the *savage beast*, and calm the restless nerves. 3) Green Tea & Lemon Zinger herbal tea, as well as LOTS of ICE COLD filtered water for the healthy alternative to flush the Nicotene out my body. 4) Wrigley's Green Apple gum as a weapon against the cravings. 5) Determination to face it, fight it, and DEAL with it! And, I WON!!! But, as I say...what worked for ME, may not work for others! So, all I can do is pass on MY tools for others to try...if they work, GREAT! If not...don't give up! If you pick up that cigarette tonight...tomorrow is a new day, TRY again! Eventually you WILL get over that hump, and slide down the other side to homeplate! Good luck ALL! Betty2 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]9/4/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 461 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 13,830 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,227.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 63 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
16 years ago 0 251 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Back Betty! I sure could use your help. I'm on Wellbutrin too but for depression and it hadn't stopped me from smoking...but I guess you have to set your mind to it. I went back on the patch...I thought it didn't help but it actually does. So with the Wellbutrin and the patch I should be able to continue on without a hitch. I'm on Day 5 now and I'm doing a little bit better. Even if I'm on Wellbutrin and the patch, I still get powerful cravings. Just have to ride them eh? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 175 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $77.35 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
  • Quit Meter

$56,496.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 779 Hours: 21

Minutes: 19 Seconds: 59

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

OK! Here I am with my original member info back in place! I'm still Betty2, though! So, I don't guess it matters which one you guys respond too...it should post anyway...I HOPE! But, I'm so glad to be back on the group now! I hope I can help those that need it! But, I'm telling every one...my success is due to my trusty *friends*...Wrigley's Green Apple gum, 1/2 & 1/2 mix of Celestial Seasonings Green Tea (Decaffeinated) & Lemon Zinger Tea, & Wellbutrin! And, I drink [b]LOTS[/b] of COLD Filtered water, too! I'm still on Wellbutrin, but I am slowly weaning myself off of it, too! I was taking 3 tabs a day for the first year, then reduced to 2 for a couple months, and now I am down to once a day at bedtime to help me relax so I can sleep! But, I only have about a 30 day supply left, and when it's gone, I'm DONE! But, I offer these as suggestions ONLY, because I can definitely tell you that what works for ONE, does NOT always work for all! So, the best advise I can give to any one is...try the suggestions you hear about, until YOU find the *right* one for YOU! GOOD LUCK! Betty2 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]9/4/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 460 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 13,800 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,220.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 63 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
My BIGGEST help with my quit is called Wrigley's Green Apple Gum!!! LOL! I should buy stock in the stuff to get some of my money back!!! At first, I went through4 packs of the stuff a day because every time I had the urge to smoke, I popped TWO sticks of the gum in my mouth, and chewed it for about 30 minutes, and replaced it with TWO more sticks! I almost ALWAYS had the gum in my mouth! And, each time the urge hit me again, I threw out the old, and popped in more new. Now, a year later...I still chew it occasionally, but not as frquently! Dum Dum sour apple suckers work fine for me now! I guess another GOOD thing for me is, I have been by myself, and haven't had too much of smokers around me! But, when I go to the store, and smell someone smoking a cigarette...it gags me to death! And, I have had to throw away things (like my favorite purse) that were impossible to get the smell out of...even with Febreze, Lysol, and any other so called odor emliminator! I am so glad I quit! Good luck to those that are just beginning! And, take it from one that tried for 29 YEARS before I succeeded...it is rough going, but it CAN be done! Betty2
16 years ago 0 1148 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome back Betty2. I for one would appreciate your help. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 268 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,360 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,125.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 43 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
Ok, I send a message via feedback...I hope you can find the info, because I had my glove box finished, and my quit story too! Infact it was my copy of the quit story that helped me find my way back here, LOL! Thanks! Betty2
16 years ago 0 2223 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[size=3]Glad you found us Betty 2 and also that you are smoke free :) Tresa[/size] :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1948 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 38,960 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6,818.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 274 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
  • Quit Meter

$14,552.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 687 Hours: 8

Minutes: 44 Seconds: 47

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

I'm Betty2, I moved to FL last year, and I lost my link to this group in the process. I have searched for it all along, but couldn't find it until stumbled on it today. But, I couldn't remember my previous login info...so I'm starting all over again! I quit smoking September 4, 2006...and even though I've been AWOL to this group, I am STILL a NON smoker! But, I've really come back here to see if I can help any new *Quitters* to maintain. I'm glad I finally found my way back here! I just wish I could find my original login info...but, oh well! Betty2

Reading this thread: