Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

I'm ready to stop

16 years ago 0 1160 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great name! you made it one day now you can aim for a week. It will get better if you just don't take another puff. N.O.P.E. not one puff ever. [color=Blue]BLUE CLOUD[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 117 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,340 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $468.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
16 years ago 0 43 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
"What is hardest, is also the most rewarding" Every day is an accomplishment, reward yourself for making it through each day. Each day is a huge accomplishment and you deserve something nice for each day you make it. Set up something really nice at the 3 month and 6 month dates, achieve them, and live your dream as a non - smoker. Live your life as a non - smoker. You can do this, you will do this, and everyone on this site is here to help, so don't hesitate to ask. They have helped me to make it through Hell week and heck week, and you can make it too. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 300 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $132.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
16 years ago 0 735 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Bestbuds,Beth, Congrats on your first day! Sounds like you have not had an easy one but, you have been one tough cookie. Good for you!! Really it does get better each day! for now, just take it one hour at a time and soon enough you will have that poison out of your system and you will be be feeling so much better. hang in there, it really is worth it!! G :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 98 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,940 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $470.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
16 years ago 0 911 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations Beth! The first few days are the hardest, and you're doing great! I also spent A LOT of time here those first few days. I think it kept me from smoking. Make sure you pamper yourself and get plenty of rest during the first couple of weeks. Your body is going through a lot and beginning to heal. Let us know if we can help in any way Boxerfan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 213 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,260 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,065.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
16 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Mercy....day 1....I made it.....it's pretty rough, but didn't light up....or even ask for a puff of my husbands cig. He is being wonderful...and stepping outside to smoke. I have had thoughts...it wouldn't hurt to take one tiny puff....but, I ended up coming on this site and reading the posts...it helped to take my mind off the craving. I will rid of the "Nicotine Monster" Thanks....Beth HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/26/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 15 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3.56 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
16 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow best buds. October 26th. That's my birthday!! Great day to quit.. LOL How are you doing today? Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 279 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,580 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,247.13 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 36 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
16 years ago 0 2223 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Beth, Stay in here with us, you can do it, stay focused, Hang tough Tresa :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1906 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 38,120 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6,671.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 268 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
  • Quit Meter

$14,612.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 690 Hours: 5

Minutes: 27 Seconds: 24

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 65 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Beth, We are almost the same. 3 times try to stop, cut back before stoping, and I have been smoking for 35 years. I am sure you will win. It's tough, but it definitely worth try. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 80 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,560 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $170.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
16 years ago 0 58 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hay Beth. Good wishes from Down Under. I also smoked for about 25 years and it is very frightening to quit - you feel as though you are "losing" something that has been in your life for a long time. I recently watched my husband go through a triple bypass and 14 out of 15 people on the ward were smokers ... one as young as 33. It certainly brought me up short - seeing people walking around with drips/drains/zippers in their chests [shudders]. Now, after 30+ days, I realise I never lost anything when I quit, I have only gained things - health, fitness, better skin, taste, breathing, money, time, control. I really hope things go well for you. I found that just taking one day at a time was helpful - if you look too far in the future, it all seems a bit bleak ... just say to yourself "Today I will not smoke" and leave it at that. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]9/23/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 850 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $408.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Beth I am so excited for you! it might be a little difficult for the first few days or weeks, but if you want this bad enough, it is yours. Those physical symptoms are from the cuting down on the nicotine. They will go away. Nice that you have the weekend to pamper yourself (I'm hoping you're not working this weekend). Do whatever you can to make yourself feel good, because pretty soon you will feel great to be not smoking. Drink plenty of water, read and read and read here. Post for help if you need it and most likely someone will be around to talk you through any bad cravings. This is a very very good thing!!! -aloha [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 218 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,720 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,482.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 30 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27

Reading this thread: