Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,498 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Hello.....I WILL DO THIS

16 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
quit 4good welcome you will get lots of support here lynnexx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 227 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,405 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �908.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 25 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
  • Quit Meter

$113,515.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6490 Hours: 11

Minutes: 26 Seconds: 33

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 19 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, Quit. I just signed up here today but I want to welcome you. I've quit numerous time - just never could STAY quit! I want this time to be different, though. About five years ago, I quit with the patch/Wellbutrin and stayed quit for a month before becoming a "closet" smoker. My husband never knew until I finally lit up in front of him. Because I've tried so many times before and never stayed quit, I haven't even old him about this attempt. He has NEVER nagged me to quit or expressed disappointment when I failed, but I've always felt ashamed that I couldn't kick it for good. I just started my Chantix RX this morning, and I look forward to slaying the dragon for good this time. It's nice to find a place like this where there is support and a common bond. Glad you are here! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] -120 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $-24.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] -53305
16 years ago 0 1148 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you Quit4good! Sounds like you've got a plan. It would be helpful to you later to acknowledge there are two monsters not just one. One monster you can chase away and the other won't go so you have to learn to live with it. One is habit and the other addiction. The addict will remain with you so you have to subdue it and keep it under control. Your coping strategies are key here because the addict is clever, persistent and patient. Read the many posts here and learn the addict's tricks and imaginative ways to cope with it. Good luck to you! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 85 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,700 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $357.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
16 years ago 0 11 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Quit4good, I know exactly how you are feeling. It is day 4 for me..... One thing I have noticed is that by quitting cold turkey (no nicotine) the withdrawl was really hard the first two days (super grumpy)but now I am starting to feel much better. I tried quitting one time before on the patch and felt awful everyday and still had the huge urge of smoking. This time around I do not have the urge to smoke. I am currently reading Alan Carr's book. It is good.. Take care and best of luck [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 100 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $60.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
16 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks to everyone for the encouragement...Had a really rough day yesterday...I was extremely moody and irritable. All I want to do is sleep, went to bed at 9 and woke up at 8, but slept horribly, the patch is really giving me weird intense dreams. Scared of taking it off at night, because the morning cig was the one I craved most. As for my bf smelling the smoke on me, I tried to cover it the best I could, smoking only when I knew I wouldn't be seeing him....wrong thing to do, and I'm glad he found out, hated being a "closet smoker" I DO WANT to Quit for MYSELF, he is part of it to, along with my daughter, so I can live to see her graduate, get married....I want to stop being out of breath by walking into work, from where I park a block away, out of breath climbing steps when the elevator goes out..So I am doing this for me, my health and future, but also for my bf and daughter. I've also ordered the book by Allan Carr...just waiting on it to get here...hoping that along with this site, will help. Thanks again for your support and I will beat this MONSTER! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/31/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 140 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $24.85 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
16 years ago 0 82 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Quit4Good. Congrats on making the decision to quit 4 good! Just do it! I found working the program on the left sidebar <---- was very helpful. You might want to look at it, they give you lots of ideas about addiction and how to develop your coping mechanisms and rewards. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 102 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $24.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
16 years ago 0 1056 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Quit4Good Well done on getting this far and for your determination to succeed. Phil is, of course, right. I find it hard to believe the boyfriend didn't smell it on you before! Also Lainey's point is true. You have to do this for you not him. You'll feel so much better about yourself for having made this decision. Keep reading and posting on here for support to help you see it through! Gen :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 71 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,136 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �355.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
16 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Quit4good..... You honestly believe that your boyfriend didnt smell smoke on you? Tell me that when you have stopped for a while and chat with a smoker. They stink! me xx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 303 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,666 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1,590.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 59 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, Quit4good. Welcome to the site, glad you found us. Nonic, you said it all& said it well! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 25 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 500 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $275.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Quit4good, Congratulations on quitting and welcome to the SSC! Please take the time to work through the online quit program and read through the forums. There is lots of great advice through both ressources on how to tackle the psychological component of this addiction. Danielle _____________________ The SSC Support Team

Reading this thread: