Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Hey, I am back

16 years ago 0 175 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Gorda, you did not want that smoke, the junkie in your head did. The only way to make her to go away is to stop feeding her. Glad you jumped back on, hilarious about the fabric softener. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 200 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $110.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 303 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just say enough is enough with those nasty cigs. Be honest with yourself. You can't trick yourself by occasionally having one. The monster will sneak up on you again. Keep trying and Best of luck! I am cheering for you. I love the fabric softener story. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 70 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $17.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
  • Quit Meter

$15,906.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 802 Hours: 10

Minutes: 13 Seconds: 29

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
i feel like a big dummy!!! itchy arm was caused by new fabric softner!!!! haha when i got home my husband had the same problem so it was pretty obvious haha i had a little slipup today and smoked a cigarette. but i am feeling great!!! and still my house is spotless!!! = [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/20/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 90 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $24.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow, that's a new one for me. I was telling someone else here that my head itched like crazy when I finished the patch in a previous quit, but I've never heard of itchy arm at any time. Anybody else? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 180 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $99.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
thanks unhooked!!! when i start feeling stressed i always come here and read the positive things posted on here and it really does work!!!! im not using anything to help me quit except a piece of plastic shaped like a pencil that i find myself chewing on and it seems to be making it easier!!! one weird thing does keep happening but i have no idea if its related to not smoking!!! every now and then my right hand will start itching so bad i cant even explain how bad and it itches almost up to my arm pit!!! it is the weirdest thing!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/20/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 60 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $16.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
I have a big congrats for you! The only advice I can think of is give yourself a reward. You've earned it! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 180 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $99.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
16 years ago 0 1698 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yep Keep on going :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/20/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 63 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,134 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $630.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
16 years ago 0 9 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey everyone. Today makes 14 days that i have been smoke free. Do you guys have any advice? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 252 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $52.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
You should feel good about it, Gorda. You should feel FABULOUS. The concensus seems to be that the cravings begin to subside after 2-3 days. Not that you won't still have them but they won't be the monsters they are now. Are you using any NRT or medication? You're doing great, hang on now. Try distracting yourself with a walk, a bath or shower or something you never used to do while smoking. We're all there with you & here for you! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 180 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $99.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
OKAY I'VE MADE IT THROUGH THE FIRST 46 AND A HALF HOURS!!!! THE LAST 3 HOURS HAVE BEEN THE ABSOLUTE WORSE!! I FEEL GOOD ABOUT GOING ALMOST 2 DAYS WITHOUT A CIGARETTE THOUGH!!! WOO HOO HOO!!! BUT WHEN WILL THESE TERRIBLE CRAVINGS START TO SUBSIDE AND WHEN WILL THE THOUGHT NOT BE IN MY HEAD EVERY SECOND OF EVERY DAY???? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/20/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 60 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $16.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33

Reading this thread: