Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Need to quit!

17 years ago 0 1056 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi there. I quit like you. Just decided to and went cold turkey. I had two cigarettes left but someone else smoked them and I am glad. Better not to have the temptation. This site is a great place to come to sound off and to take on advice. Good luck Gen :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 344 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �147 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is great support and advice everyone! Keep strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.
17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Gnome, Great choice and welcome to our support community! There are many members here and each can share their experiences with you. Our quits are different and yours will be unique. Take it step by step and let us guide you through. Prepare for those tough days and post often :) Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.
17 years ago 0 20 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Your decision and determination makes your quit successful. No matter what method you use, ultimately it is YOUR choice. I believe in you and know that if you have decided to quit and you really want to, you can do it. Read as many posts as possible as they really do make a difference. Congratulations on your decision to quit! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 43 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 738 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $156.95 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
  • Quit Meter

$227,145.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5327 Hours: 5

Minutes: 13 Seconds: 35

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Gnome, Welcome and congratulations on making the decision to quit this nasty habit. You've come to the right place because you'll receive a lot of support. My quit is Cold Turkey and I know there are lots of others who have quit the same way. You CAN do this. It will help if you read a lot and post a lot here on this site. Ask as many questions as you need or want to. Drink lots and lots of water...It helps with cravings and flushes your system; Have candy, gum, sunflower seeds,etc. for that "hand to mouth" boredom; avoid those things (Triggers) that you associate with smoking early on in your quit..A trigger for me was coffee so I had to leave it off at the beginning; There's a workbook over to the left and you should work it because it really helps a lot; Busy yourself when a craving hits i.e. brush your teeth, take a walk, clean something, wash your hair, etc. Make a list of things that you can do during a craving. You really CAN do this and we're here to help you every step of the way. I'm so happy to have you here with us. Stay Strong, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 59 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,655 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $211.81 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
17 years ago 0 62 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have gone cold turkey, however this time when I made the decision I had to make sure there wasn't any left in a pack because I tried to quit many times before with 2 or 3 left and I couldn't bear to let them go to waste and hard to give them away. Like the song goes 1 is 1 too many and a thousand is not enough. Life ,sunshine,no hacking, feeling positively healthier is the best road to follow which all people in this program are trying to do. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/20/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 88 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,848 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $792 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
  • Quit Meter

$168,995.88

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9145 Hours: 1

Minutes: 29 Seconds: 26

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Gnome, Good luck to you! Your attitude says you can succeed. I have never tried cold turkey, but many folks here have done just that and quit forever. Stick close, there is always support here when you need it. Nance [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 62 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,888 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $300.7 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
17 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey all this may be an early post but I needed to get started on this program quickly, has anyone else ever just woken up one morning and decided that they just had to quit this stupid habit? I did, and not this morning either a coupla days ago, I have decided to quit cold turkey (of every technique its worked best for me) again, I'll be happy to share my success (and support) with others, any advice if this technique has worked for you would be great! Thanks all
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 46 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Gno Congrats on your quit! I am using Habitrol. I was at work when I said I need to get rid of this unhealthy habit. Good luck and stay smoke free Jersy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/11/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 39 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 791 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $390 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8

Reading this thread: