Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,668 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MNJD, kybrg, Jhancke, CKYLA ASHLEY, PGOMEZ

Thursday and I'm doing the happy dance - twice over!

17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Karen, Congratulations for making one of the best decisions you'll ever make. To stop smoking. One crave at a time, you CAN do this. Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 75 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,274 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $675 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
17 years ago 0 357 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Karen, Yippee for you!!!!!!! I truly believe with your conviction and determination you are in this for the long haul. Great job- treat yourself well!! Congratulations! Dupe [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/11/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 280 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $57.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
17 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You're on the right track and this place is the best place to be! Keep us posted and we'll be here to help. Yes you determine your quit, no one else can do that for you. Smoking is not an option, choose something else, and remember... Not One Puff Ever, NOPE! ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 610 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $253.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
17 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Karen, Congrats to you! Some days will be better than others. It is great to hear that you are doing well with your diet. Your family is key to your quit and the fact that they are respecting your decision is amazing! We hope you have a great day today. If you have a chance jump back on later on to today to let us know how you are feeling. Cheers, Melanie ________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 126 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Karen,thats great !!! Iam on day 14 ,had a few rough times ,but it is getting easier.The smells of spring are wonderful !!!!! HANG IN THERE !!!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 358 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $70 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
17 years ago 0 948 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Karen, Congratulations, You are doing great. Keep up the good work. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 28 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 708 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $140 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
17 years ago 0 13 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Karen, Congratulations on your quit. I am on day 4 of my quit and am doing better today. Day 3 was rough. Keep up the good work. Have a great day. Tigger37 Ps: to post your Quit meter check the box under your reply, where you type in your response, that says "Show my quit meter" [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 43 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $14.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
17 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well here it is Thursday morning and I'm not smoking. I feel so much better already! I've been busy reading the site, going to the gym and basically changing my habits so they don't revolve around smoking. My husband has been great and so are our friends who have been dropping by - I've never asked them but they are not smoking in our home. My husband goes into the office but only rarely. Looks like he's cutting down which is good too. I had a rough afternoon at work, that was the first time I had a really bad craving. Took a few well quite a few very deep breaths, walked/paced my office and then tackled the problems. No smoking! I got thru it. Now I'm starting to believe I don't need the smokes, they don't solve my stress problems, they add to it. I'm the one who makes things better. Duh now that took a lot of brainpower to come to that conclusion. Wow the things your habits can make you believe. My diet is going well today too - I've lost another 3 pounds, a total of 13 pounds. So all in all I'm feeling very proud of myself. Thanks again for all the support, Karen PS How do you get the meter thing at the bottom of your posts inserted?

Reading this thread: