Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

In 8 days I will be an ex-smoker (Again)

17 years ago 0 34 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
congrats on your decision. i think we can do anything we put our mind to as long as we have a positive attitude. its all in the attitude. welcome! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 101 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
17 years ago 0 113 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Amy. Good luck. I'm new at this too. I have had lots of good advice. I don't have support at home so I really rely on this sight. So far its been great. Hang in there. You can do it. Terri
17 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Danielle, and I have already started the online program. I am at step six, daily progress, so I really can't go on until my quit date arrives and I have some progress to share. I'm looking forward to it though!
Hi everyone. I joined SSC to help me gear up for my next and final quit. I was succesful for 3 months back in 2005 but had a relapse and it stuck. I will be 38 next week and have been smoking for 26 years. I guess if there's any good that came from the relapse is it taught me you can't have "Just one". I will never make that mistake again, When I quit two years ago I read Allan Carr's "The Easy way to quit smoking". Beleive it or not I give that all the credit for my quit. My mistake was lending it to a friend who never returned it. I think had I kept it I may never have relapsed, or at least could have jumped back on the wagon by re-reading it. Last week my friend replaced the book at my request (she had spilled coffee on the copy I lent her). I'm about halfway through it and getting that same excited feeling I got last time, I can't wait to quit. I'm toying with the idea of adding Chantix to my arsenal this time. I also have this cool little inhaler to help with the ritualistic hand to mouth habit (it doesn't contain nicotine, just a mint flavored cartridge that tastes like a menthol cigerette without the nasty smoke and tar taste) Anyway, I plan to stop in here everyday to read and get encouragement from all you successful quitters. Good luck to us all!! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
Tutti, I know exactly what Phil is saying. It's actually the whole premise of Allan Carrs book: You are not giving anything up by stopping smoking, but you are gaining numerous things, you are in essence setting yourself free from slavery. If you are having struggles with your quit, I recommend the book highly.
Thanks everyone. And gonnadoit, my favorite drink is diet green tea, so that's all stocked up already!
17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
There is nothing to quit that is worth anything is there? Phil, explain this question for me? ha ha h aha h Crap, I'm going into 7 days now. I'm still not thinking just super clear yet. LOL Hugs, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 390 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $19.53 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Amy, Welcome aboard and congratulations on making such a wise decision. Make sure you have your hard candy, gum, toothpicks, straws, lollipops, whatever, for that hand to mouth thing. Oh, drink lots and lots of water. When a crave hits, water is the thing that helps the most for me. Everyone on the site told me to keep drinking water and I'm so glad I did. It really helps by flushing the nicotine out of your system. Welcome Again, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 383 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $16.74 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Amy You are not an ex smoker you are a non smoker! Oh and you haven't quit you have stopped. There is nothing to quit that is worth amything is there? Small words but important me x [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 201 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,223 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1055.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 40 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you and welcome! What a wise decision you have made! Stick close! Try sunflower seeds and diet ice green tea for the hand-to-mouth as well! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 169 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,496 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1352 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22

Reading this thread: