Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Hello, day 8

17 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I came looking for support ... this is day 8 without lighting up and I sure do want one .... the patch is helping, but now I have little red squares all over my body and they itch. But I am breathing better and hoping it takes this time! Good luck to you all!
17 years ago 0 70 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Wendy When I used the patch they would also itch and my skin turned red. The itching went away after an hour or so and the redness left after a day or two. Congratulations on your eight days. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/16/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 36 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 728 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $180 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Wendy, You may want to give your doctor a quick call about the patches and red marks you're developing. If for no other reason, your own peace of mind. I wish I could tell you more about the patches but I'm quitting without using anything....I can't use NRT's for health reasons. I'm finishing up day 2 so you're ahead of me and doing great. I've noticed what helps me more than anything else with my cravings is water. I mean lots and lots of water. I have my gum, candy, tooth picks, and straws here but water kicks my cravings quicker than anything else will. And, I have to busy myself by doing something different for a while. Hang in there and keep talking to us. We're all here for you and you can do this. You're already into day 8 and that's great!! Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 165 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $8.37 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
17 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Wendy auntdeb here (don't take her too seriously though) ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 51 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,569 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $242.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
17 years ago 0 175 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wendy - Welcome! It's good to have you. Don't worry about a thing. This is the best group of people to be with right now. Read through the old posts. Educate yourself. Enjoy the journey! You'll do just fine... -- 2tone [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 56 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,590 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $308 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
  • Quit Meter

$357,753.38

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9153 Hours: 6

Minutes: 28 Seconds: 14

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 613 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow, Wendy, you're already through 8 days? That's just wonderful! It sounds like the patch is helping. I don't know too much about the itching and the red marks. Others here have much experience with the patch and will be along soon to advise you there, I'm certain. I would just like to welcome you aboard -- the more nonsmokers the merrier. We're here to help you in any way we can and support you in this most important decision you have made to be a nonsmoker. Drink lots of water and don't forget lots of slow, deep breaths when you're feeling a crave. Keep the faith, Wendy! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 135 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,438 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1080 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wendy youare doinggreat I used patches all I got was little black marks(on my bottom!) It was the only place they wpould stick! you might be allergic to something in them do check Oh and dont smoke! me x [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 197 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,141 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1034.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 39 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
17 years ago 0 340 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Wendy Welcome to SSC. You are through hell week and congratulations. You are doing great. See you round here often I hope - this site is soooooo helpful, so lean on us. All the very best Sharon [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 130 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,302 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �349.7 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wendy, Welcome and thanks for sharing. Definitely check with your doctor and pharmacist regarding the patch dosages and side effects. the can help rule out anything medical. Congrats on day 8! This is great, so please let us know how your first week was? Take a look at the program and use the tools available to you. We are always here so post often :) Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: