Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,558 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

First day in 8 years I have not smoked!!!

17 years ago 0 24 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'll be there with you!! It 4:15 yesterday when I had my last one. I'm sucking on the inhaler and it does help. Can I borrow your attitude? :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
thank you all for your reply! I have been smoking with only short quits for over 15 years. I am not going to quit again. I am almost ready to go home for the day, and this afternoon I am ok. This morning was really hard but I knew it would be. I used to smoke more in the morning and less as the day goes by. I have lots of water, gummy bears, carrot sticks....to get me through the day. I am really ready to go home and sleep now. Forgot how tired not smoking makes you :-) Guess its all the energy you burn trying not to smoke. Have a good evening and I will check in tomorrow. Once again, thanks for your support!
The last smoke of my life was at 6:15pm last night. This morning I got up and put on the patch. I am going to stay a non smoker this time!!!
Hey everyone, I made it 8 days!!! Sorry I was MIA for a few days, I am still with you I promise. The weekend was a new experience for me, I had the go to work not smoking nailed but being home was different. I was wining to my husband this weekend and he said "maybe you should just not obsess on it so much". So far that has worked, when I start to really want to smoke, I just say over and over "don't think about it". I had another thought this weekend, not sure if any of you can relate. But I thought I would put it down anyway. I realized that I have no idea how to deal with anger, frustration, sadness or any other strong emotion. As a smoker, if any of these emotions hit me I would go out and have a smoke, then somehow I was OK. So what do I do now? Support emails say find "something else" to do to replace smoking in these incidents but what? I don't mean what to do to keep yourself from smoking, I mean one step beyond that. What do non smokers do when they are frustrated, angry, sad....??? Hang in there everyone!! I am :-)[font=Arial]Text[/font]
Yesterday was by far the worst yet. I think i was expecting day 4 to be better somehow but it was not. I was pissed, angry, felt physically sick, tired and sad. I went home and took a long bath and had a good long cry. But I DID NOT SMOKE!!!! And I will not smoke again.
It is now day three, yesterday was really hard but doing better this morning. Right now I am concentrating on how badly I don't want to have to go through the process of quiting again. I hate quiting more then I liked smoking. Aunt Deb: Yes I do live in the US and got a prescription for Chantix from my DR. Unfortunately it was not covered by my insurance and a common side effect is nasia, I am prone to this so my luck I would pay the $160 and then puke the entire time. But thank you for the recommendation. I have known 4 people who have quit using Chantix and it does work, if only insurance companies would get on the same page.
Well, onward with day two. Mornings are the worst, I am working out instead of smoking but it is still just one big craving!!! Yesterday I noticed that by afternoon I was ok. I need to sleep more, went to bed really early last night. I can't worry about tomorrow or even this afternoon, it is just getting through one hour at a time right now. This sucks but i am going to stick too this. I dont want to have to quit ever again!
17 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yayyy!!! I am proud of you...Congratulations on your success. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 96 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $20.56 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
17 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
KMarie, keep up the good work! Aunt Deb has been an inspiration for me, and for others. I took her granola bar suggestion...so far, no sick! Was expecting day 3 to be bad and then figured I wouldn't look for trouble, I would let it find me. It did! Twice! I went so far as to take a walk to the smoking area just for some second-hand smoke! (I still like the smell of a cigarette, is that normal?) Nobody was there, so I got a short walk in the frigid air. I did that the second time, too, and surprise? it worked! It was gone by the time I was back to my desk. Saturday at home is a little harder..Sweetheart took me to lunch at our favorite spot, and gave me a little wink when I said "Non-smoking section, please". Then he found out you can see the TV better from the smoking section. LOL. He couldn't win that one! This is a journey...and I am not the only one learning about "how to be a non-smoker", Sweetheart is learning "OMG, she is different". I hope I like her when I get to know her. Wouldn't that be a kick in the BUTT. LOL, I crack me up. Oh, I forgot, my younger daughter and her husband are trying to quit with me. They are going cold turkey, and it's tough. My older daughter is thinking about it. Who knew Mom could be an inspiration to adult children? Was that in the Parenthood book? Stay quit, KMarie. I still have a secret stash of 2 smokes hidden in my car...I hope in a few days I will be able to get rid of those, too. I'm thinking that's my reward on day 7...a little tribute to the dead. MomMom Nance [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 114 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $14.55 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
17 years ago 0 74 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome and congratualtions on your quit!!! Sounds like you've thought of good coping tools to keep the craves at bay. Keep posting and reading here... you will get all the support and cheering you need :) Danni x x [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/31/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 388 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
  • Quit Meter

$327,031.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5956 Hours: 11

Minutes: 35 Seconds: 40

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: