Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,630 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

Working on day 3!

17 years ago 0 2417 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good job!!!! Take it one hour at a time! Your positive attitude will serve you well. I bought a big bag of hard candy and popped one in every time I felt the urge to smoke. It really helps! Keep up the good work!
17 years ago 0 247 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great job Dj Be stong and I'm glad you had your husband lock up his cigarettes. Where is he smoking at home? Outside? My husband smokes and sometines I get upset because I know he is in the basement in his workshop smoking and I think about how nice it would be to have one with him. He has a exaust fan down there. But I remind myself of all the times I sat there with him whishing I that I didn't have to have that cigarette and wish I could quit. So just keep reminding yourself that you don't want to NEED A CIGARETTE. Good luck to you and keep in touch Jnine
17 years ago 0 51 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks everyone for the support. I'm still holding here and working on day 4 now! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/23/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 44 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $7.05 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
Hi everyone. I've been reading this site for a few weeks now, trying to get ready to quit and taking wellbutrin, but I just was not sure I was actually going to do it. Tuesday the 23rd was my scheduled quit day and I seriously thought about putting it off another day, week, month, etc, but I didn't. I actually didn't start until 10am even though I get up at 2:30am, but suddenly I decided that was it. I put on a patch and told my husband to get all cigs and lighters locked up in his truck. They're all his now! I only wore the patch the first day and didn't like the way I felt, so now I'm just using the wellbutrin. I have smoked for 26 years and this is the 3rd time I've tried to quit and for some reason, for the first time, I actually feel like I'm going to make it. Can't say it's been real easy, and today has been the worst so far, but, for the first time, I'm dealing with it! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/23/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 36 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4.7 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
Yes, I've been doing the distraction thing a lot! My house is getting cleaner everyday and I'm drinking a lot of water and tea and using sugar free hard candy. For some reason, hot drinks have seemed to help me the most when I'm home. Luckily my husband only smokes in our garage or outside. It's still hard knowing it's so close by, but he's been really good about hiding even the ashtray when he's done smoking. I'm also avoiding the garage at all costs right now since that's where I always smoked! I'm really hoping that he'll end up quitting, but I am not waiting for him any longer, besides, I don't want to do days 1 & 2 over again! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/23/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 37 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4.7 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome DJ. You are very smart to tackle your junkie thoughts on day one. NO BULL at all for you. Keep posting. Soon you'll be half way through HELL week. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 28 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 285 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $140 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
17 years ago 0 1006 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well done, Dj! Sounds like you're pretty much sorted. Distraction is the key for the first couple of days. Keep yourself busy, drink your water, chew your seeds, whatever you need to do - get yourself through this first week and have a lovely reward planned for yourself! Good luck - and congratulations on surviving your first couple of days! Sounds like you're doing very well. Deli [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 177 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,666 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �531 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
17 years ago 0 763 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dj...Please know that you CAN do this.....you simply keep "choosing" to NOT light up. and along with the cravings and withdrawal, let yourself feel the pride that comes with being the one in CONTROL of what you do. kick hell out of the junky!!! Katy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/4/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1847 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 73,918 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $10527.9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 243 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
  • Quit Meter

$158,994.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5344 Hours: 11

Minutes: 6 Seconds: 53

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: