Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,518 Members

Please welcome our newest members: FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12

Hello, I am new and trying to quit Chewing Snuff

17 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am the husband of live4myboys and am 37 and have been chewing snuff for about 8 years. I work with someone that chews and someone that drives me nutttttsss! My job can be hectic at times. My wife and I have decided to quit tabacco with the support of our two wonderful boys. So as you can probably tell, two people in the same house quitting it can be reeeaaalll stressfull.
  • Quit Meter

$4,252.92

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 531 Hours: 23

Minutes: 59 Seconds: 43

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 650 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello there, You are right it can be stressful quitting as a couple, but I think it is a lot easier that way. Hubby and I quit on Jan 01, yes we have stressful moments, but then we are there to cheer each other on. He is on the patch, I am cold turkey. Quitting together is the best thing we could have done and I would not have wanted to quit any other way. [IMG]http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p19/donkeylover_01/thAnimation4l.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 712 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $93.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
17 years ago 0 115 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I just have to post..again...hehe! Something that all should know about live2...he is in the military so the last few years have been hell for him. After coming back from Iraq (well even before) all the soldiers, commanders and majors on up have counted on him for alot. He is the only one who is full time in his unit that knows every job there and can do most of them at the same time. He gets tons laid on him and never complains to them about it. He is a good ..strike that.. he is a great soldier. In the movie we were soldiers Mel Gibson says something like... a soldier is only as good as he is as a man. Well Live2 is just that. He gets stressed out at work alot but with alot of support, not just from me cause I would love him either way. But support and guidance from others would help him alot. So if there are any ideas on helping him with his cravings or something else to do when stress hits him at work just kick him in the rear.. you have my permission hehe! RAWK ON! ( I say RAWK ON cause Im from Kansas and the Jayhawk is out school mascot... RAWK CHALK JAYHAWK!) Dawn Live1 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 427 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $103.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
17 years ago 0 115 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome hunny!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay I get to kiss him without getting chew in MY mouth! WOOOOOOOOOOOOT! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 413 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $99 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
17 years ago 0 77 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
1 & 2,,,, congratulations on your decisions!! You will get all the support and kick in the butt(s) :) to keep you focused on here!! -Rhonda [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 709 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $138 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
17 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
live4myboys2 Well I'll be dog, Good for you live4myboys2 You are a Jewel!! my hubby still smokes and at night I have to pull the cover over my head to keep from smelling the deep struggled foul breath that comes from the tortured empyhzema filled lungs he continues to contaminate, but now at a slower rate since I have become a non-smoker. He has respect for me and goes outside to smoke. I wish he had the same respect for himself! live4myboys2 ...you need a pat on the back for this so here goes....pat...pat... your children and Your live4myboys will love you much more and the example that you both set now...will go a long way in the future to keep them smoke or substance free. the only good thing about you being ex-users...is that you will know first hand the anxiety that goes along with quitting and hopefully you will be able to educate your children early on to stay away from addictions of any kind....peace and joy to both of you you have made a very wise decision auntdeb :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,133 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $104.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
17 years ago 0 79 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats to you and your wife! Keep positive and take it hour by hour, day by day and week by week. It truly get easier! If you chewed Skoal regular, the wintergreen livesavers taste like skoals wintergreen. Don't know if that would help or not. I quit smoking and used them, mostly because I used to chew skoal, and loved that flavor. Jason [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 58 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,750 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $290 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
17 years ago 0 613 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Live2!!! Welcome aboard! We love Live1, so I'm sure we'll adore you, too! (As long as you stick around, do what you're told and are good to Live1) Hahaha Seriously, so glad you're doing this together -- it won't be easy, but the rewards are huge for your whole family. Congratulations on a wonderful and very wise decision. Keep the faith [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 107 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,308 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $856 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
17 years ago 0 204 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Snuff? Hummm. Enlighten me please. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 67 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,356 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $368.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How admirable! So.......it's safe to drink out of the open soda cans in your house without inspecting the contents first? Glad to have you with us! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 137 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,879 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1096 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43

Reading this thread: