Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

Hola I'm new and on my second day and need help please

17 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hola everyone. My name is Dee and I live in Southern Spain. I've been trying for years to quit, and the fact that cigarettes are very very cheap here means one major incentive is not available...saving lots of money by quitting. However I've finally managed to go through a whole 2 days without a cigarette with the aid of patches, and I have to tell you I'm finding it very difficult...more so today the 2nd day. It's midnight now so I'm going into my 3rd day and I desperately want a cigarette which is why I hunted through the internet for a support group, I'm so glad I found you guys! I don't want to come across as a pity party, but any advice you can give me would be sooooo much appreciated. Muchas Gracias :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/11/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 34 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �2.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
Hi there Aunt deb, Wow thank you soooo much for taking the time to post those encouraging words. The tips about the index card, the water and the straws are genius, I'll absolutely do that starting in the morning . Bless you, and thank you once again, and much luck on your continuing success in your own battle with the evil weed! :)
Muchas Gracias for the support and encouragement Lady, it means a huge amount to me. I live alone so I have no-one to support me, and all mi amigas are non smokers so they don't understand how it can be so difficult . I've been eating like it's going out of fashion, can anyone tell me how to stop replacing the cigs with food...I hate celery which is what everyone tells me to eat and there's only so much fruit I can eat without causing tummy probs. Sorry for the questions, I'm sure you've all heard these a zillion times before! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/11/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 35 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �2.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 925 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hola DeeDee, I'm hoping you can hang in there. I'm no expert, but I know a glass of water and distracting your mind might help. Make a list of reasons you're quitting for instance or write a letter about your feelings. Go for a walk, have a nice warm bath or do something you love. You can do this!
  • Quit Meter

$121,113.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 964 Hours: 15

Minutes: 44 Seconds: 17

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dee Dee, welcome Yes you have come to the right group!! :) First..your are in the most crucial days of your quit. It's imperative to your self-esteem or confidence to "not take a puff" NOPE (NOT ONE PUFF EVER)...for...everytime you take a drag(oh, just one drag won't hurt?)you not only prolong the clean-up your lungs need to perform...You also..prolong the withdrawal... The actual withdrawal will only take a few days and then... it's just a matter of exchanging your smoking habits for other habits. And ...it's not easy...none of us will tell you that I'm sure, but we all will tell you how good it feels to be in control and not the "nicodemon" :eg: To get through the craves, drink water and tell yourself "I can wait 5 minutes"...the crave will pass. take a little 3x5 index card and mark everytime you get through a crave successfully and when you have 10 craves subdued...reward yourself. You will find as the days go by the craves will be less. Get some gum, candy, or whatever it takes. I use straws to chew on, especially when I am on the phone. (I've cut an 8" straw in two). It serves as a substitue to hold between my fingers, and I chew the heck out of it...but it sure helps get through the craving. I am very proud of myself and you will be too. I am a non-smoker now, not a smoker wanting to quit! Another thing...if you do slip...you're not the only one who has, we probably all have, but we are determined to be the masters of our fate, not the nicodemon. Come here often for what ever reason...education, support, a shoulder to cry on...we understand exactly what you are going through!!auntdeb [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 552 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $53.57 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
17 years ago 0 175 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dee Dee - This is what I think everytime I want to smoke: I think that if I take just one puff, for whatever lame reason that I can come up with, I will be at a pack or two a day in less than a few days. ...at that point, I'll decide to smoke the rest of my life, which should be over real soon because I will probaby die of a smoking-related heart attack or stroke in the next few years. ...then I think that even if I survive the heart attack or stroke, I'll be dragging an oxygen tank around with me the rest of my miserable life. That's why I don't smoke. Because I'm an addict and that's where one more puff will take me. Stay strong! -- 2tone [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 515 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $99 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
  • Quit Meter

$357,651.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9150 Hours: 15

Minutes: 36 Seconds: 53

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 30 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Drink lots of water, buy and read the book by Alan Carr. (check out the book reviews online)! spoil yourslef with movies, books, and anything else to keep you busy ! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,828 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $492 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
  • Quit Meter

$51,023.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 778 Hours: 1

Minutes: 44 Seconds: 33

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome. Read the old posts and post yourself. Instead of a cigarette, I come here. 2 days is a big deal. stand strong. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 155 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Dee Dee, Congratulations for making the best decision of your life. After many attempts, today is my first day...again. Definitely drink the water, and like Gonna says, Crystal Light is great. I've already loaded up bottled water and Crystal Light. Good luck to you, Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hola! Try drinking lots of water (try the cold green teas and Crystal light as well) Try other dark green leafy vegs...and now they have those low cal dressing sprays (love the red wine vinagrette)! A really great snack is 1/2 a sandwhich-whole wheat with chicken or turkey (sorry, no cheese). Lots and lots and lots of sunflower seeds and natural almonds. You are doing soooo well. Keep up the good work! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 126 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,340 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1008 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57

Reading this thread: