Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,676 Members

Please welcome our newest members: SKARYLE KATE, BMARC ANTHONY, MNJD, kybrg, Jhancke

Hello!

17 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello! I just wanted to drop in and say hi - I've read a lot of your posts and feel like I know you already. :) I've been quit going on my fifth day now and my husband and I are doing this together. We bought Nicorette gum to help with the cravings but we've just been using suckers instead. We'll worry about the sugar addiction in a couple of weeks, I guess... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 161 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
17 years ago 0 650 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations to you and your husband. I am fairly new to this group and everyone makes you feel like you are part of a big family. And by the post I have read they stick with you through the good and bad, which is a wonderful thing. I am also quitting with my husband, you say that you have been using suckers, well for me it is water. I have never in my whole life drank so much water. But at least our new addictions are not harmful. [IMG]http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p19/donkeylover_01/thAnimation4l.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 332 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $42.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
17 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats to you and your husband and welcome! Don't worry about the sugar addiction...sugar is our friend when we are quitting!! Whatever it takes to distract you from smoking. The SSC is just full of great information and lots of support, so post often and read lot's!!! Being rid of the addiction is so worth the sugar buzz!!! [IMG]http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q185/kaitilina/AdamDancing.gif[/IMG] Kaiti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 65 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,444 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $357.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for both of you! If you have made it this far without the gum, don't re-introduce nicotine into your body by using it. You are doing so well! Congratulations! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 125 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,269 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1000 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
17 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Zhahmi - Stay close and post often... this is one tough addiction ~ but it can be beat - one moment at a time. Many Blessings- Healer [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 312 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,939 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1450.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 40 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
17 years ago 0 711 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great stuff guys......keep going! Brent [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/8/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 399 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,796 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1995 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 65 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Z, Welcome to you and you hubby! Great coping technique with the suckers :) Take the time to look around and use the tips and tools that are available. The members here are amazing and can help in all kinds of situations :) Post often, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: