Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,662 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jhancke, CKYLA ASHLEY, PGOMEZ, Julia725, RFULLERO

regarding Ch...

17 years ago 0 175 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi all - This Chantix stuff is amazing...I'm on it for 5 days now, my quit date is not for another 2 days and I really don't want a smoke, nor do I crave one. If I do smoke one, it tastes bad and I throw it away. I'm not really thinking too much about it, either. Maybe I'm giving the drug more credit than it deserves...you have to want to quit. My message to all those struggling with other means is: talk to your MD about Chantix (no I'm not a salesman for the product). It just works... 2tone [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$357,784.88

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9154 Hours: 2

Minutes: 6 Seconds: 42

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 175 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Chantix folks - I just started Chantix 3 days ago (I'm quiting in 4 days). I step up my dosage tomorrrow to 1 mg a day. I haven't really noticed a dry mouth, but the smokes are sarting to taste real bad. Am I supposed to be cutting back during this last week? Even though they're tasting bad, I'm still smoking them...any advice? I'm getting stressed about my quit date. 2tone [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$357,784.88

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9154 Hours: 2

Minutes: 6 Seconds: 42

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 11 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I've noticed that several people here are taking this stuff. Me too. Have any of you had an incredible thirst? I feel like I can't drink enough water. I'm drinking at least 3 32oz. bottles a day. Sometimes more. I've noticed my craves are different too. When I'm craving real bad and light up I discover it's not what I want and put it back out. I feel like I'm craving but I don't know what I'm craving. Does that make sense? Should I just wait out the crave and see what happens? shelle [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$27,881.25

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 350 Hours: 15

Minutes: 30 Seconds: 43

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

not this week sweety. LOL ;p mother nature took care of that for me. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$27,881.25

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

I've noticed the bad taste too. And that has made me not smoke some of the time. Mostly it's the nausea. I was a pretty heavy smoker, close to 3 packs a day. My doctor has me using the pills for 2 wks before my quit to get more of the drug in my system. By the middle of the first week I was down to 1 pack and I didn't even know it. Now that I'm making an effort to cut out more before sunday, I'm finding much easier than previous quits. shelle [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$27,881.25

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hey everyone, Looks like I'll be really working on those coping strategies during my quit. My mom fell and broke her knee in 5 places Thursday morning. I've been with her at the hospital. She doesn't have the best health anyway and now she'll spend Christmas in a hospital bed. She also has bronchial pneumonia and congestive heart failure. That's just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to her health issues. As you can see, I'm a little upset. I'm hanging in there. I'm not sure if I'll be back to the boards before christmas. I hope so. I may need all the support you have to give. My big brother is coming to town so that will be a good thing. He's wanted me to quit for years. Thanks for listening. Peace and joy to you and yours, shelle [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$27,881.25

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 613 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
If the cigarettes are beginning to taste bad, then why smoke them? I know I did smoke per the instructions up to my quit date, but I definitely cut way back because they did start to taste so bad. My doctor told me to just do what felt right in that regard. I only have a few more days left on the 12-week program and I'm hoping I can just walk away from the medication at that point. The manufacturer says that some people need a second 12 weeks on it. I hope I don't. We'll see what happens. Good luck on the Chantix. So far, so good for me and I would recemmend it. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 73 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,957 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $584 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 613 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm back from my three-day power outage here in the very windy northwest. Whew! What a storm we had Thursday night! No damage at our house and we are fortunate to have a generator. But power outages are never fun. There are still thousands of people without power in western Washington and they may not be back up and running until Friday or Saturday. I am blessed. My husband just chain-smoked throughout unfortunately. I'm not tempted to smoke, mind you, it just smells so bad! Oh, I wish he's quit! JAYSGIRL: I have almost completed the 12-week Chantix prescription and yes, thirst and a dry mouth go with it for me, too. My dental problems, I'm told, are because of smoking. My dentist says I have "dry mouth syndrome". Smoking is a major cause, as well as Wellbutrin being a contributor for many people. Menopause doesn't help, either. (Oh, in so many ways, that's a true statement.) If you don't deal with dry mouth syndrome early, you can develop some serious dental problems. So I advise you to see your dentist to be sure that isn't what's behind the thirst and dry mouth. The good news is that drinking a ton of water is a very good thing when you've quit smoking. It can be so helpful to the cause, so drink as much as you need to or want to. I found the Chantix helpful for me. While I still sometimes feel like I'm craving a cigarette, it really isn't the smoke I want, just as you pointed out. I know that because early on in my quit, I tried a smoke, and it tasted awful! So it makes it easy to stay away from something that has absolutely zero positive attributes! I still feel a general restlessness, but it's not a crave. You're right about that. I can deal with that, though, and so can you! Congratulations on your decision to beat the addiction -- it will be the best decision you've ever made. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 72 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,903 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $576 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
17 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Remember, stress is ALWAYS a part of life. Smoking isn't going to make the stress go away. Be strong and let us know how your doing!!! Kaiti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 45 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,005 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $247.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
17 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Uh Oh! Sounds like something else might be happening.... strange cravings?? Might be time for a little chat with Jay... peteg

Reading this thread: