Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

New here...3 days no smokes

17 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Silver74. I am new here too and also on Wellbutrin and the patch. I am definitely having cravings and withdrawal. I guess it's normal! I assumed it would be a milder experience but from reading this board it seems that the first week is pretty uncomfortable for everyone. Certain triggers I anticipate but the cravings that kind of pop up out of the middle of nowhere are really getting to me. So far deep breathing with the aid of a cut off straw, gum and hard candy are helping. I wish you the best of luck! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 49 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
17 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am using the patch and Wellbutrin and am still having extremly harsh cravings and withdrawal symtoms. Is this normal do you think?? Would appreciate anyone's thoughts. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/4/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 58 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $22 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
17 years ago 0 613 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hell week is right! But so worthwhile -- because you're worth it. Three days leads to 4 days which leads to 5 days and on and on. Before you know it, you'll realize you've gone hours without thinking about those nasty smokes, then a whole day. It will happen. Trust yourself that you've made the right decision and that you know there will be painful moments. But keep focusing on your reasons for becoming a nonsmoker. Every time you have a craving, remind yourself what it means: that you have been a slave to nicotine. No more -- now you're choosing freedom! Go get 'em!
17 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I can't say it any better than Faithfreedom, except congrat's on three smoke free days. Keep posting and keep reading....take it one day at a time...your doing just fine!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 650 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $159.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
17 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pinkie, I drank alot of hot tea the first week. It comes in lot's of flavor's and it took time to heat up the tea pot and pick out the tea...it's was a great distraction for me. Just an idea to get you through. Kaiti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 653 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $159.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
17 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi-Ho, Silver! (I always wanted to say that, but I'm not calling you [or anyone] a ho. It's Hi-Ho, not Hi, Ho!) You're doing great -- 3 days with no slips means the nicotine is out of your system -- everything else is now head games. You can win. peteg [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 37 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,892 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $203.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Silver74, Keep in mind that no matter how many NRT's you use, you will experience cravings. There not much fun but they do pass. Also your not only withdrawing from nicotine but all the other chemicals in cigarettes. This also causes other withdrawal symptoms to occur. Let us help. Tell us what you're struggling with, we can help. We've all been there and are full of tips! Keep persevering! Danielle ______________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 607 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ahhh Silver, yep totally normal. You are going through hell week. Quitting is different for everyone and I will let you know that I personally had a heck of a time the first couple weeks. From what I've read here when I first quit, its totally normal. Keep strong and come here often. The people here have helped me tremendously and I am here to help you and others! You already have 2 days down and thats such an accomplishment. Take it one day at a time!! Hugs Kim [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 182 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,563 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $737.1 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
17 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Silver, If you like, I'll put you on my quitters list. If you haven't seen it, it reminds everbody of your quit 'anniversaries'. Let me know Mr Ed :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 296 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,896 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �2220 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 49 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2

Reading this thread: