Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

Quitting Nov. 16 - Great American SmokeOut

17 years ago 0 29 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great news fellow quitter. Take every hour as a new challenge and before you know it the first of many smoke free days will be over. hang in there. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 36 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �10 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
17 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, NJoy -- and welcome! If the smokeout works for you, great! One thing missing from your list of things to do that day, however, is working the program (to the left) and amassing your coping techniques. Can't have too many back-up plans at your disposal! Best of luck to you -- peteg [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 769 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $82.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you, Njoy-life. You've got the right idea. I'm from Ontario, and haven't heard of the Great American Smoke out. Is it a day to encourage people to quit? Anyhow, keep posting, it really helps. Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
SUPER!!! What a great day to quit! Sounds like you got a plan! See you on Thursday! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 67 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,369 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $536 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
17 years ago 0 87 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Njoy, woohoo yepee and welcome. It can be sorta scary but super exciting that you are starting a brand new, clean smelling, full of possibilities life....you can do this...get ready, buy some sugar free mints or other hard candy (you'll want it) and be good to yourself tomarrow, you deserve it. lots of love, kat [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 451 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $110 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
17 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
gonnadoit! - Definately, see ya Thursday! :) peteg - Got all the coping skills planned. Have a whole folder of saved things from the SCC. :) Jan58 - It's a yearly quit smoking day... and this year its my day. :) See everyone Thursday. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$181,664.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6251 Hours: 15

Minutes: 8 Seconds: 20

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Quitting on Thursday. I've been smoking since 1998. Started smoking as an adult... ironically to relax. Hmmm... we all know that it doesn't work. I've been reading posts here, attempting to quit & trying to figure out when I could possibly quit for a couple years now. It's sapped most of my energy... I feel drained... and I feel now is the time to quit. It's now or never... and I don't want a pack of cigarettes to be slipped into my casket years from now... or sooner if I don't quit. It's scarey... and exciting to know I have my mind set on quitting for good. I know it's time... How I'm going to handle the big day? I'm going to do everything I normally do... Watch the morning news with a good cup of coffee... Post here... & read other inspiring posts... Cry if I need too... Play with my cat... Draw... Workout and get a good sweat & give my lungs oxygen... Play Final Fantasy 10-2... Hug my beautiful daughter... Kiss my husband without having gross mouth... Take a long winters nap... & maybe feel good about my self once again and Enjoy LIFE... Face the fear & just do it! Thanks for listening. :) Anyone else decide that the Great American Smoke-out is their day? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$181,664.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6251 Hours: 15

Minutes: 8 Seconds: 20

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Njoy, Welcome aboard and we are very happy that you made this choice. Everyone will experience a different type of quit. You have your day planned, now make sure you have your coping mechanisms to get you by the day. Use avoidance techniques to help guide you and push away those craves. Know that we are always here for you and it can make a difference, we are ready when you are :) Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: