Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,623 Members

Please welcome our newest members: SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC, HMAZO, MLISING

VERY SAD...

17 years ago 0 327 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I was in a very bad mood starting on about day 7 or 8 and now I am on day 13 and it seems to be getting better. But, yeah, also just feel sort of like nothing is worthwhile or fun. I was thinking today that week 1 should be called "insane week" and week two should be called "pissed off week". Not sure about week three yet. I do know from past quits that the anger eventually goes away but it does take a while. I'm sure it's different for everyone. For me, sleep, diet and excersize are all important to helping my state of mind. Take care of yourself, Princess, and gaurd your quit. You're doing great. The QM [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 293 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $56 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
17 years ago 0 738 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Prada, I think we must all go through some of this depression because of how long we smoked. It seemed that smoking was our friend, because it was with us through everything. But remember that this "friend" is trying to kill you, and is really no friend at all. It's normal to go through a grieving process for any loss, and this is a big loss for most of us. It's how we defined ourselves; we practiced our addiction to the exclusion of all other concerns. I know I chose to smoke over going out with friends who didn't, over food, over going to the bathroom even, over all sorts of things. So go ahead and grieve, it's normal. And then move on with the free life! You are doing awesome, you know you are! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 416 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $97.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
17 years ago 0 449 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Prada, Hang in there Princess! I'm sending positive thoughts your way! Hugs, Deb [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 93 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
17 years ago 0 17 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am not sure how my mood swung the opposite direction, but I feel as if I am going through depression! I am very angry and very impatient. I get moody and pissy. I am on day 12 and should be doing great as I was on day six, but I feel worse! I thought by now it would be better?! Did anyone else have some form of depression? What did you do about it? Other than ANTI-DEPRESSANTS!? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 177 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $34.54 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Prada............TONS of us have gone through feelings of depression during this quit. It really is like a grieving process...Smoking has been part of your life for such a long time, it's a natural feeling. I've had more than one of those days along the way...and when they happen, I need to go back into survival mode...pack it in early and start fresh the next day. Maybe it's time for a reward??!! There will be many good days ahead too, I promise! You are doing great and you are most certainly not alone. Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 48 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 977 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $240 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh how could I have forgotten about that one, Windy? Packing it in early REALLY helps. Things look brighter in the morning. Good advice, Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 415 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $117 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My heart goes out to you, Prada. Many of us have been through this part of the quit. I have to watch out for depression as well. It helps me first and foremost to know that this WILL pass. I know it doesn't feel that way right now, but it changes. Pamper yourself right now, get into some really good tv shows. Books are out for me right now, I can't concentrate that long!!! Walking does wonders, sometimes it just takes an extra push to get yourself out the door, but when you do...what a difference! Hang in there, and keep posting here, that really helps too. Keep strong. Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 415 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $117 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
17 years ago 0 1006 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi P Princess! Just wanting to let you know that the emotions you're feeling are pretty normal. I was the same, you know, at the beginning of my quit. But, Princess, I'm feeling on top of the world these days - and so will you, too, when you've gone a little further on this journey. It's worth the battle, I promise. Sending you a massive hug. Hope you feel better soon. We'll take care of you, don't worry! Deli [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 90 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,358 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �270 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Quite right Luna I am on about day 80 something andi t is only just getting a bit better! Phil x [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 83 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,662 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �435.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Prada where are you? phil x [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 83 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,668 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �435.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14

Reading this thread: