Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Smile....and don't shoot the messenger

Timbo637

2024-09-27 3:17 PM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Site seems a little faster

Timbo637

2024-09-05 4:43 PM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

What are negative core beliefs?

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-17 7:35 PM

Depression Community

logo

Creating a stress plan

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-08 4:16 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.765 posts in 47.065 threads.

161,092 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BazzViol, TGee, A-n-o-n, qwe, tlr

HELP!!!!!!!!

17 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I really want to kick this filthy habbit. I promise myself everyday that today is the day... but......the last time I tried i lasted 16hrs.
17 years ago 0 19 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Junior, welcome to the club...I am new to all this posting lark, but boy it helps. You dont say if you have started a quit again or not. I am on day 7 today and I can not believe I have got this far. Just take strength from everyone here, as many say take it moment by moment. Believe in yourself! :) Shazza xxx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 195 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �29.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Junior! Welcome to SCC...you have come to the right place. Are you using NRT? If not, you may want to talk to your Doctor or Pharmacist about whether they are right for you. The support that you get from this group will be a life-saver. When you feel like caving in, post! When you feel discouraged, post! When you feel great, post! The people in this room have always been so supportive during this roller coaster ride. The first week is "Hell" but it does get better. After the first couple weeks, things start to get better. Some have an easy ride but many of us continue to have ups and downs. The tools on the left side of this screen are very helpful. You definately need to have your "coping" tools better. For these next few days, take care of "YOU". We will all be cheering you on! For me, I quit one day at a time. So far, I've had 26 "one days" and am looking forward to more. You can do it...one step at a time..one day at a time! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 536 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $130 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Work the program to the left of your screen. It is filled with valuable information. Please post again and let us know how it is going! Get a game plan together---then follow through! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,490 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $232 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Junior, Welcome to the SSC! Many have felt just as you do now and have gone on to successful quits. Preparation is key so start working through our program. Also be sure to start reading through some of our forums, there's lots of tips & tricks on how to deal with cravings. Start looking at your routine. Why do you smoke? When? Where? How can you modify your routine to exclude or replace cigarettes? Check back soon, Danielle ___________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Junior - Focus - on you, on why you're Quitting, why you want this more than anything... N.O.P.E. not one puff ever - no matter what! You can do this... one step at a time. Spend some serious time here - read old posts and take mental notes are you build your toolbox of coping skills that will get you through the rough times. Healer [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 217 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,627 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1009.05 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 28 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
17 years ago 0 154 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Junior cigs are the enemy, this place is your refuge come here often and post post post the people here know what your going through we are all doing it together. Be patient with yourself start the hard work ahead, it is hard but it gets easier I am new here too but this journey to a smoke free life starts here it really does, We are here for you Buddy. NO RAIN NO RAINBOWS Aloha Di [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 61 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Junior... you are not alone. Prior to this quit I never made it more than a few hours myself. Some of the things that I did were to drink a lot of water, suck on peppermints, and take deep, deep breaths. You can kick this habbit as you call it. Actually, I had to come to terms with the fact that my smoking was much more than a habbit. It is an addiction. Just as an alcoholic cannot have one more drink, we cannot have one more puff. Everyday it gets easier. You just have to keep reminding yourself that every day you make it through (or every hour) is one day/hour closer to never feeling this wall again. Withdrawal sucks but you have to suck it up and get through it. Kick, scream, cry, whatever it takes, just don't smoke that next cigarette. You can do it! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 463 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,276 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1620.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 40 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
17 years ago 0 563 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Junior, Promises, promises, promises. 16 hours, huh? Time spent sleeping doesn't count! ;p Get your act together friend. I can "promise" myself stuff until the cows come home. Unless I take definitive action, nothing will happen. Stop making attempts. Here is a [url=http://www.stopsmokingcenter.net/support/viewmessages.aspx?topic=23206&forum=1]LINK[/url] to a post that I made a while back about people "trying" to quit. You may enjoy it and all of the replies. Best wishes. [b][color=Purple]Be Strong. Be Smart. Be Quit[/color] [color=black]Joe[/color] [size=3][color=Blue]Knowledge Replaces Fear[/color][/size] [size=2][color=purple]Hoping for success without hard work is like trying to harvest without planting.[/color][/size] [size=2][color=black]Illegitimus non carborundum est[/color][/size][/b] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 511 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,797 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1251.95 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 89 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
  • Quit Meter

$36,448.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9799 Hours: 6

Minutes: 24 Seconds: 23

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 189 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Junior, Your desire to quit has to be greater than you want to smoke. All you have to do is make up your mind. You can do this...everything we do in life is a choice, either you choose to smoke or you choose not to...just make your choice. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 28 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 573 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $154 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
  • Quit Meter

$40,727.75

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 579 Hours: 21

Minutes: 24 Seconds: 33

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: