Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

First timer UGH.

17 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello.. It's my first time trying to quit. Hopefully it will work out...erg. I've always been proud of my athletic ability, but it seems nowadays if I even just walk a little too fast I'm out of breath and my heart beats outta my chest. And I'm only 27. My mom is on here again I guess for the 3rd time.. it's gonna be her, me and my sis trying to do this all together. So at least we'll have support.. but then again, we can all be cranky at times..so we'll see how it goes and hopefully don't try to strangle one another! :confuse:
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Doesn't Grace say lovely things? She is smashing Phil
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Brilliant stuff you can all help each other not fight! If you ust fight do so but dont smoke. Every day 24/7 people are benefitting from this site. When you have the confidence turn from being supported to helping newbies and then see how good you feel. Bon Chance Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 33 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 663 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �140.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
17 years ago 0 583 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I think that is so cool you guys doing it together. Hang in there. Love one another and try to be nice. Remember the sayin if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. Most importantly you need to own what you are doing indivuly. Embrace one another, but quit for your selfs. And keep it up. That is just fantastic. Grace [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 688 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $136 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
17 years ago 0 1128 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[IMG]http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m180/princessceleste_2006/welcome9.jpg[/IMG] I am 34, and i too was a long long time athlete and i identify with how you feel, i used to be proud of my athletic ability also. I am getting back into shape and I feel fantastic. :) Its great to have you all here - you, your mom and your sister. Lots of water, mints and fruit got me through those first few days. You can do this. Be strong - be quit. (sounds really corny huh) There is a lot of knowlege and support on here :) PrincessC :) x [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 60 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,201 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $612 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Frog, Mom and Sis , you can do it one day at a time. :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 89 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,349 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $356 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
17 years ago 0 311 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Frog, Congratulations on your great decision to quit! Use the tools on this site, and have things for craves, like mints, water, snacks, whatever. When you have a crave do some nice deep breathing, believe me it helps. That's great that you've got support, too. Read lots here, and post whenever about whatever, just don't smoke You can do this, Andrea [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 94 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,887 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $446.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
17 years ago 0 51 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
congratulations Frog and you'll see - after a few days/weeks not smoking you'll be amazed about how athletic you can be again... taking full deep breaths as you lift more weights, do more cardio, whatever it is that you do. really, the difference is astronomical. i remember going to the gym when i was smoking and i would only lift weights until they started to feel heavy! now i find myself really pushing myself, and getting in shape again feels great. congratulations again and good luck to you and your family, you have the right attitude and doing it for your health is a wonderful inspiration. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 108 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,632 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $858.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats on your decision to quit smoking. Knowledge is power, so get prepared. Get prepared for your mind to deal with emotions without the mask of a drug. Know that the nicotine in cigarettes has caused you to be physically addicted. Take comfort in knowing the physical withdrawal will stop approximately 72 hours if you can resist nicotine products. Be fully aware that your life routine will have to be experienced without smoking cigarettes for you to be quit. So throw them away. Do not save any. What is your routine? When do you smoke? Make a list of your triggers (when you would normally smoke). It is better to think about all of these things ahead of time so that you can go into battle prepared. Replace your bad habit (smoking) with good habits. Read about healthy ways to deal with stress/emotions and start practicing your new coping skills. Get yourself ready physically by walking more, take in more fluids, get plenty of rest and avoid becoming overtired. Tell people around you that you�re going to quit. Get yourself a Quit Buddy who will be there to provide you personal quit-smoking help and support. Fight the urge to protect yourself from looking silly if you don�t make it all the way. Believe in yourself from the very beginning. Make it come true. If you don�t make it this time, what matters is that you get back up and try again. Also, don�t forget to make rewards a part of your plan. Quitting takes a lot of work, so you want to make sure you give yourself credit along the way. Keep a list of rewards you look forward to - it will help keep you motivated. Watch out for alcohol, social situations, other smokers, weight gain, and bad moods/depression. These things can make you fall off the Quit Wagon. Like I�ve said � be prepared for these things. We�ve quit. You can too. We�ll be here to support you if you need us. I look forward to celebrating your milestones with you. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 123 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,706 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $492 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
  • Quit Meter

$54,496.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5955 Hours: 11

Minutes: 29 Seconds: 11

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
FrogOnALog, Welcome to the SSC and congratulations on taking the first steps to kicking the habit! Preparation is key so start working through our online quit program located on the left side of your screen. Navigate through our forums and read some threads. There's a lot of great supplemental information and tips out there. Take a look at your daily routine. Why do you smoke? When? Where? Next devise a plan that modifies your routine to exclude cigarettes or substitutes that cigarette. Ex: You use to have coffee and cigarette. Now you'll have coffee and read the newspaper. Start thinking of a reward system. It should have three components: a small reward for overcoming cravings, a medium reward for every smoke free day accomplished and a large reward for reaching milestones. The key to remember when selecting rewards is to pick rewards you will be willing to work towards. Good luck and keep us posted. Danielle ___________________________ The SSC Support Team

Reading this thread: