Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,527 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Welcome, New Folks!

17 years ago 0 1128 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi all new quitters and those who are thinking about it. Please join us and together we will help each other get through and beat this terrible addiction. PrincessC x :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 270 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $112.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
17 years ago 0 164 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello New Comers I feel this is a wonderful site and I don't believe I could have done this alone. I get to come back here and read read read and still post my opinions and give suggestions also .. I chose to quit and I am choosing to remain smoke free for the duration. Today I found out from a colleage that he thinks about me often and said I am an encourangement and he is think about quiting and asked me how did I do it ..he too has been a smoker for 34 years and he said his senses are gone. I told him about this site and I told him no i wasn't one who just up and quit I did plan my quit date .. even though I begin a day after my original quit date the point is I did it and I'm still smoke free and I feel better and I'm happy .. although I was honest and told him I still have the craving but after a while it becomes mind over matter and what it is you really want in your life and out of life. I choose not to smoke .. I really honestly don't believe I can handle going back through the withdrawls or hell week.. I will not subject myself to that. The owner of the company yesterday introduced me to his only sister and she is 58 years old and a smoker.. and he told her i just recently quit and she ask me about my experience and I told her .. I also told each of these individuals everybody's chemistry is different some may not experience the same but the point is taking that step when you feel this is what you want to do and just follow through. That is right everyone .. shoot ..My boss was smoking a cigar at that time and she (his sister) lite up a cig also all that smoke .. well nothing changed it did not affect me no more than I am already affected.. with the crave every now and than .. and reaching for one but hey I'm glad I'm proud and I'm smoke free.... I am a QUITTER and I love and enjoy being a QUITTER... Anyone can join me .. come on .. as Marvin Gaye would say .. AWWWWWWWWWWWWW BABY .. LETS GET ON... AHHHHHHHHH SUGAR.. LETS GET IT ONNNNN ... sing it everyone ... WE'RE ALL SENSITIVE PEOPLE WITH SO MUCH TO GIVE .. UNDERSTANDING SUGAR.. AND SINCE WE GOT TO BE HERE .. LETS LIVE.. (smoke free) I LOVE YA ... ... ;) P.Loving longgggggggggggg text ....lol in a minute my name will be streatchhhh....lol [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My
17 years ago 0 164 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Rusty, Are you having Hiccups or are you looking for a dance partner to do the bump with ... he he he :) P.Loving [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 611 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $79 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bump also [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 78 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,184 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $312 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
Squeaker Hi, the first days I walked my dog, I walked the neighbour's dog, I cleaned the house, I was like a tornado just so I would forget about smoking, this is hell week take it one day at a time and it will get better :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 66 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 999 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $264 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
Hi newcomers come join us. :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 40 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 606 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $160 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
Luna thank you for your post it really helped :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 40 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 609 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $160 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
thank you Duffis loved your post, it made me laugh, good description of a new non-smoker. :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 39 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 596 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $156 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lainey, Good job! Sounds like you're coping well. You may find a small change in your after dinner routine may help you break that association. Congratulations on day 3 and welcome aboard! Danielle _________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
FrangiPani, Congratulations on being quit for three months! That's an amazing accomplishment! If you're having trouble ridding yourself of the lozenges, you can try delaying, taking deep breaths or breaking up the lozenges into smaller pieces. You can also slowly begin to replace the lozenges with gum or candy. Try taking 1/2 a lozenge followed by a piece of gum. Let us know if that helps, if not we'll keep brainstorming with you to find a solution. Again, congratulations on your quit and welcome to the SSC! Danielle ________________________________ The SSC Support Team P.S. Rusty thanks for making an effort to make new members feel welcomed, we really appreciate it!

Reading this thread: