Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.761 posts in 47.061 threads.

160,836 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Sinea, MANA MARIE, mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS

I'm just starting out on my quit and navigating this site is frustrating..advise?

17 years ago 0 97 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have a question about the messenger thing too. Do we need to add everyone to our buddy list? You know by clicking on the [b]add to buddy list[/b] under their name to get them to appear when online? Im not sure if that make since now that I read it lol hope someone understands what I mean. Im sure my teen could tell me but shes not here right now. She did install something called AIM that ya'll mentioned I need it. Aparently its something her and her friends love but my husband calls A-O-HELL lol [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 11 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
lol, how difficult it was to figure this site out and I don't think I am but maybe 2/3 of the way thru that. Stick with it. It is worth it. Tomorrow, I will get to post its been a week...... The great thing is right here. I can't tell you how I drink in and breath in every post. It has helped so much, [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 170 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $24 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
17 years ago 0 213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Somethings are a bit confusint like if you click on My Glove Compartment you don't go there. (It is underlined like a hyperlink, but is not because your mouse pointer doesn't change to and hand.) Let us know what you are having problems with on the site. The forums are peoples opinions and you know what they say about opinions, everyone has a different one. Can't get away from that not even in your own home! ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 28 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 571 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $100.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
17 years ago 0 213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That was real difficult for me. Once you install chat it tells you to go to a site and pick up a patch. Have you gotten past here? I got mine installed and running but only a handful of people are ever on it and I can't use it at work due to firewall issues and security. (Get to work from home today.) What you need to do to get the best help is scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on contact us and ask them how to troubleshoot. I'll be happy to help you but I am afraid I may make your frustration level worse and we don't want that! Let us know. Navigator. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 28 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 571 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $100.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
17 years ago 0 772 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So many boards to post on?? Thats confusing I know.I would say at first stick to this board. Nobody minds. I dont think I left this board for a few weeks. I cant get the messenger to work either. But it doesnt stop me getting support. If you need help... ask.. and you will get a reply no matter what time of the day it is, as we are from all over the world. Welcome and congrats on your quit!! You couldnt be in a better place if you really want to quit! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 815 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �240 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
17 years ago 0 481 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I replied to your other post. Love, Mama [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,065 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $148.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
  • Quit Meter

$75,035.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6532 Hours: 13

Minutes: 44 Seconds: 4

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lady Salmon, Bingo has provided you with a great link. If you continue to encounter technical difficulties, please contact us through our feedback section with a detailed account of your problem and we'll happy to troubleshoot with you there. Danielle _______________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 249 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hiya Lady Salmon!! [IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c157/bingo969/Smilies/wave.gif[/IMG] Maybe this will help too. Here is a link to Josie's step-by-step post about how to get the messenger to work! [url=http://www.stopsmokingcenter.net/support/viewmessages.aspx?forum=1&topic=30933]SSC MESSENGER LINK[/url] Hope that helps! Stay close, post lots, read often and most of all: BELIEVE YOU CAN QUIT! I know I believe in you. :) Bingo [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 82 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,652 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $246 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
17 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
lady, To chat with anyone here they and you must be on the SSC messenger... Make sure you downloaded it successfully AND make sure to contact the moderators for info and help. If you're new here, be patient w/yourself -I promise it will be worth it!!! Blessings - Healer [url=[IMG]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g31/healerwithin/lilfairy.gif[/IMG]][IMG]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g31/healerwithin/lilfairy.gif[/IMG][/url] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 131 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,605 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $609.15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 299 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I never saw many people on the chat when I tried using it. However, if you post about having a problem, you will usually get a very fast response. Don't give up. This is a great place to come to to help you quit. Stick with it and post here often, you will get so much support it will spin your head!!!! I quit smoking on July 6, 2006 at 6:00pm. It has been 1 week, 17 hours, 12 minutes, and 23 seconds since I quit. Had I not quit smoking, I would have: * Smoked 154 cigarettes (That's like smoking a 51 foot long cigarette) * Spent $33.03 on cigarettes * Inhaled 1.54 grams of tar * Inhaled 123 mg of nicotine (That's like doing 2,315 hits of nicotine) * Inhaled 1.70 grams of carbon monoxide * Taken an additional 22 hours, 50 minutes, and 12 seconds off my life
  • Quit Meter

$16,640.79

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 914 Hours: 15

Minutes: 30 Seconds: 56

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: