Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,671 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MNJD, kybrg, Jhancke, CKYLA ASHLEY, PGOMEZ

Messed Up...AGAIN

17 years ago 0 744 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well, I managed to do it once again, as I ended up going for a pack of smokes last night. I was SO gung-ho about this quit and was actually anticipating it. Once again, I failed (like so many times before) and once again, I let my husband down. This is insane. I was actually looking forward to this quit and really felt that this would be it! All my positive thoughts changed so suddenly! I'm not making excuses for myself, just venting and feel like the failure that I always suspected I was. :( Now I get to start all over again! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 164 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Stormy, Yes I understand we all do where you are coming from and no you are not a failure...I still have cravings and I am going through all types of mood swings ..crying and you know what I really don't care ...it's all good because I really don't want to be this basket case again ..I got tried of being control by something i can buy and throw away ...I'm tried of being that Junkie fenin for a cig...I'm tried of my house and everything around me including me smelling like smoke... We all have to come to some point in our lives where we are absolutely ready to be strong and get that demon out of us...and sometimes it take others and help to do so ..we are all here for you ...remember that ..i keep this site up and i read and read again.. Right now I"m on my 10th day...i have completed 9..and you know what my stomach feels like someone hit me in it ...and my head feels like a brick hit it...I'm just not feeling well...and another thing i still cry because i still crave ...and I refuse to go back to something that make me feel the way that I'm feeling right now...but you keep on quitting you will make it ..and remember we are here for you ... P.Loving [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 284 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $35.55 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
17 years ago 0 1127 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Stormy !! Stop talking like that. Just go on with the quit. Write down what people say to you and read that every time you can. You can quit smoking too, just like we all can. Don't whine and get yourself together. Stay on the pc all day and don;t smoke !! Hugs Fini :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 102 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,560 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �300.9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
17 years ago 0 772 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey stormy dont be so hard on yourself!! I quit so many times from Sept 05 - now. but I was determined to do it, so I kept trying. Stick with us and keep trying. Most of my quits did not last longer than a few days, and certainly not longer than 3 weeks... But everytime I learnt. You must learn what you can from this, and it will strengthen your next quit. If you want to do it, we will be right here for you. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 763 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �225 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
17 years ago 0 49 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Stormy. Learn from it and keep going. This is tuff. Be patient with yourself. Most of all do not give up giving up. Identify what made you do it. Come up with a plan so you will know what to do when it happens again. I am right here with you!!! The worse thing you can do is kick yourself. Who are you doing this for? Hopefully your answer is you!! Then do not worry about it. You / we can do this!!!! Sue :)
  • Quit Meter

$203,548.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6493 Hours: 15

Minutes: 23 Seconds: 38

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 385 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Stormy, Please don't call yourself a failure. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and try again !!! Mira [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 58 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,168 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $203 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
  • Quit Meter

$44,980.65

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5159 Hours: 20

Minutes: 34 Seconds: 53

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 1070 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Not a failure if you don't give up! Try again and learn from your mistakes! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 58 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,169 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $261 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
17 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Stormy, let your journal know how ticked off you are and get it out of your system ~ time to move forward, NO Looking Back. Get right back on it and squash this addiction. You have tremendous support here - stay away from the Cigs and smokers! You can do it, just say that's it! and put your new quit in motion. Above all, be supportive to yourself with a positive attitude. CobenFan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 109 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,861 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $381.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
17 years ago 0 299 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How can you fail if you keep trying? You can't! As long as you keep trying, you will succeed. Remember the saying about riding a bike? If at first you dont succeed, try try again! We are with you Stormy!!!!! I quit smoking on July 6, 2006 at 6:00pm. It has been 5 days, 14 hours, 51 minutes, and 34 seconds since I quit. Had I not quit smoking, I would have: * Smoked 112 cigarettes (That's like smoking a 37 foot long cigarette) * Spent $24.05 on cigarettes * Inhaled 1.12 grams of tar * Inhaled 89 mg of nicotine (That's like doing 1,686 hits of nicotine) * Inhaled 1.24 grams of carbon monoxide * Taken an additional 16 hours, 37 minutes, and 43 seconds off my life
  • Quit Meter

$16,520.99

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 908 Hours: 0

Minutes: 11 Seconds: 17

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Stormy... You are not a failure. You are an addict. Quitting is hard. I can't count the times I quit prior to this one and most of them never lasted more than a few hours. What helped me in my quit was counting the time. I began with "I have gone 8 hours without smoking, I'm not starting over now" Then 10 hours, 11, 12, 13... I did this for the first 72 hours. Those hours turned into days, the days to weeks, weeks to months... I'm sure you get the picture. Five minutes at a time, one minute at a time if that is what you need to do. N.O.P.E. was also extremely helpful. Not One Puff Ever means exactly that. We do not smoke, no matter what. As long as I don't light that next cigarette, I've got it made. Get rid of any cigarettes you may have. Smoke one last one and say goodbye to the horrible addiction forever more. Something I never realized until I quit was how much control smoking had over me. Take that control away from the cigarette. You are stronger than that material object. Take your life back from the worst addiction there is. You CAN do it! One step at a time. Read and learn all you can about quitting. There is a lot of information in the forums on this site. Be sure to explore them and use them to your advantage. Below this forum, in the general discussion area is a thread that I wrote a while back called "We are Quitters Not Losers!" Please go and check that out. I think it may help you. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 376 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,528 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1316 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 33 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27

Reading this thread: