Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

Random thoughts for new folks, or old I suppose. Long Post!

17 years ago 0 216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
As always, BRAVO!! You truly inspire. Wish I had your knack for writing down my thoughts. Stay strong, stay quit!! D2Q [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 233 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $33 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
17 years ago 0 577 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Really great post, Bingo, and especially the bit about not only keeping the quit but also loosing 7lbs!!! I need to do the same, have piled on the weight since I quit but i thought i'd leave a diet till later and just concentrate on the quit or am i being really soft with myself? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 889 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �145 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
  • Quit Meter

$295,204.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5382 Hours: 16

Minutes: 57 Seconds: 36

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/clapping.gif[/IMG] Excellent post Bingo! [IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/thumbsup.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 28 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 853 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $112 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
  • Quit Meter

$54,499.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5955 Hours: 19

Minutes: 34 Seconds: 10

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 249 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Another soliloquy from lil ol Me. I am in a rambling creative mood, so please bear with me. I am approaching now 50 days of being smoke free, and simultaneously working on day 5 of a radical new diet and exercise program. Looking back, I am amazed at how far I've come, and how easy it was. Looking at the present - I am finding myself empowered to deal with these current cravings and obstacles to my diet and exercise and staying smoke-free. Looking forward - I am hopeful, yet still realizing I need everyone here to make it "stick". It is amazing to me just how powerful a thing addiction is. I'm instantly reminded of the last big post I made, and how I commented that while writing it, I had a big craving for a smoke! Holy bejeebus that's crazy. For any of you that are just starting on this journey, or are thinking about it... DO IT. Seriously - just stop thinking and DO IT. I was nothing short of terrified about quitting smoking. Tell me if this sounds familiar: "I really want to quit, I just know I'm not in the right frame of mind right now." "Yeah, I've been thinking about quitting. I have too much going on now to emotionally be ready for it." "Quitting? Absolutely, I've been gearing myself up for it. I need to be mentally prepared." Those were my thoughts and answers to myself for years. Those were lies. I was TERRIFIED of quitting smoking. Why was I terrified? I was afraid I would fail. I was afraid it would suck. I was afraid it would be so hard. I was afraid it would be more than I could handle. I was an addict. I was lying to myself. Make no mistake - the DECISION to quit smoking is H-U-G-E. It is very, very scary. It is a Gi-normous Monster that you are having to face. I made the analogy before and it's still very appropriate for me - The decision to quit smoking is very much like rappelling and taking that first step over the edge of the cliff. It's so big, you can't see where you are going, and you can't see the bottom. You are just having to trust in your ropes, your harness, and your buddy. The amazing thing though - is that once you MAKE that choice, once you commit - it's nothing near as scary as you thought. That big Gi-normous monster suddenly looks like a much more manageable thing.
17 years ago 0 1070 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great post! Your doing wonderful and an inspiration to all! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 25 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 509 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $112.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
17 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
"[font=Arial] [/font][i]You know what I needed? I needed confidence in myself." [/i] Bingo! You're ou're spot on with this - - confidence and attitude are 95% of a quit. The rest is pure strength & mind over matter. Thanks for sharing your feelings! CobenFan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 76 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,299 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $266 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
17 years ago 0 25 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Bingo- That was an incredible post. I needed to read a confidence builder. I have been extremely negative of late and your post really helped. Good luck with the diet and your quit. Keep up the good work for all of us. Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 100 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,509 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $450 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
17 years ago 0 610 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great post! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 158 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,280 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $584.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
17 years ago 0 180 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bingo, Words that we can all live by! Yeah, I know about the confidence thing. It has taken me quite a few years to develop some of it. Thanks for all the 'right on' thoughts. Isn't that FANTASTIC!!!you have not smoked 948 cigs! Gosh, think about the pile of cigs that would make. Wowsaa! Joonie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 48 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 968 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $168 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
17 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[quote]THAT is what addiction takes away from you - your ability to believe in yourself.[/quote] To all you fence-sitters waiting for just the right moment - this is why it hasn't come, why it will never come on its own. So if you can't believe in yourself, believe in Bingo, believe in me, believe in the dozens of others here willing to help you to freedom. Fantastic post, Bingo. A must-read for everyone, quit or not. :) Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 382 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,649 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1451.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 71 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53

Reading this thread: