Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,498 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Here's My Story

17 years ago 0 140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Breaking Free - I'm doing! Thanks for asking. I'm on day 3 of the patch - not too many ill effects, but I am obsessed with the couple of minutes that the patch isn't on (I take if off when I shower, and until I dry off). I'm not sure if I'm imagining the knot in my stomach that develops about 5 minutes after I take it off. So far I've made it through month-end at work on Wednesday, and some other issues that are causing me great stress this morning. Last night I ordered the book (Allen Carr) that I've seen mentioned a lot on these boards. Mental reinforcement, and possibly shock therapy, can't hurt. I really, really, really want to be a non-smoker again, and take up my running routine, and look better, and feel better. I'm repeating this sentence as required . . . Thanks again for asking. S [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 61 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $18 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
3-1/2 years ago I quit a 25 year pack-a-day smoking habit. I quit using Zyban - it only took 2-1/2 weeks from the time I started taking it. About a year ago, I relapsed, during some very stressful and transitional times. I've been trying to quit over the last month or so. I went smoke-free with the patch for about a week, then for some reason decided that all I was doing was replacing the nicotine, and started back on Zyban. It doesn't seem to be having the same amazing effect as it did the first time. So I'm back to the patch again. I'm on my 2nd day of patch-assisted non-smoking, and so far, I am doing okay. I just found this group and forum today - I've read through all of the steps, and feel very motivated. Since I've quit before, I know I can do it. I just wish it made it easier this time. I'm looking forward to participating in this group. S
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Right on! I'm so glad to hear that you are still at it! Try not to let yourself be to obsessive over the patch, it is an aid, but keep telling yourself that YOU are the one doing this QUIT! Don't give your accomplishment away. When you are in the shower try to take your thoughts to a different place, like how you are cleansing your body of nicotine on the inside and the outside, think of how wonderful you are going to smell, take deep breathes in and out. And if all else fails ... wear the patch in the shower! LOL! You are doing great and I am so happy for you. For every Quitter that keeps their Quit it is inspiration to another quitter or someone thinking of quitting. Congrats to you! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 645 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $84 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
  • Quit Meter

$54,487.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5954 Hours: 11

Minutes: 56 Seconds: 50

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hi sushik, how are you doing today? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 643 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $84 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
  • Quit Meter

$54,487.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hi sushik & [IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/Welcome-03-june.gif[/IMG] Look at the positive side ... going through the hell of beginning the quit process twice will more than likely make you stronger in your resolve this time. You can do this! This site is great ... it is full of so much support. Congrats on your decision. I'm really happy for you. I just love a Quitter! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 620 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
  • Quit Meter

$54,487.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 385 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome, sushik, to our forum ! And congratulations on your decision to quit smoking ... and this time for good!! :) I quit using the patch for 3 days. I read a book by Allen Carr : "The EasyWay to Stop Smoking" and removed my patch on the 3rd day and have been nic-free since. The adjustment you have to make when you quit smoking is to stop viewing cigs as a reward or pleasure and start seeing them for little poison sticks that are ruining your health and causing you unnecessary anxiety through your life. Cigs are poison. Giving them up is not a sacrifice. As Carr says in his book, smoking causes a discomfort you have to relieve, like going through most of your life with shoes on that are too tight and feeling relief when you take those shoes off. Smoking is an unnecessary thing, like shoes that are too tight, and going on smoke breaks is like getting to take those tight shoes off... it is a relief but why did you torture yourself in the first place ? I recommend doing some reading. Allen Carr's book is great. Also, read some of the very sad stories on this site. Lung cancer, mouth cancer, empheysema, you name it, we got it. So, good luck with this quit and stay close. Mira :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 353 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $59.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
  • Quit Meter

$44,951.94

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5156 Hours: 13

Minutes: 53 Seconds: 19

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 1070 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome! I believe in you and know you can do it! It won't be easy but wqith some determination anyone can quit! Stay close...read and post often....we are here to lift you up when you are in need! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 354 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $76.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
17 years ago 0 893 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sushik, as you say you have quit before and you also feel confident. That is a great start, being motivated and determined is what it is all about - good luck. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 116 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,393 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �290 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
17 years ago 0 579 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sushik, Every quit is different, and you just have to go with the flow. It looks like you are doing just that. Welcome back aboard the wagon (Yes, we know it is tough)...everyone here knows what you are going through....But you have tasted the freedom...you know the prize. Seize the day! Lizzie :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/23/2003 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1135 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 17,036 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �5107.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 110 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
  • Quit Meter

$8,844.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 782 Hours: 11

Minutes: 30 Seconds: 9

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sushik, Your right, you can do this! Welcome to our support community and please take a look around. Our online support group and program can be essential to your quit and we can guide you through. Post often and let us know how we can help :) Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: