Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.761 posts in 47.061 threads.

160,839 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Sinea, MANA MARIE, mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS

Just joined!

18 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have heard that it is harder to quit the second time around- I don't know how true that is for anyone else, but for me it is very true! I was much younger the first time around, (obviously!)and a bit more adventurous. Even though I Asmoked for over 10 years then, it was pretty easy. Being older and more set in my ways makes the mental struggle hard, but by this time I am finally to the point that I am sick of it- sick of making excuses, sick of feeling bad about myself, and everything else. I am still in shock how fast this thing got it's "fangs" back in me! I really hope my dumb mistake can be used for others good. Thank you so much for all the replies! I am very glad to have found this support! I am here for you all too, if not for anything but to learn to not do as I did! :)
18 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, I just filled out the info and wanted to say hi. My planned quit day is tommorrow- May 8th. I actually quit smoking for about 12 years but started up again a couple of months ago thinking I could just smoke for a while and quit- well... this thing has already got a hold on me!! I know some is physical but most of it is just the emotional hold it has- fear, I guess. I am thankful to be part of this support group. You will hear from me tommorrow!
18 years ago 0 20 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi and glad to see you made the decision to quit again. Funny how it can grab a hold of us SO fast isnt it? But you know you can do this and Im sure you'll get support here. Im also new here, in the serial quitting stage but working my way up to my final quit soon. Look forward to talking to you and hopefully we can help each other. Marie
18 years ago 0 15 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[b][color=Blue]Congratulations on a great decision to quit again. I can't even imagine quitting for TWELVE YEARS and then starting again. I hope I will remember this in 12 years when I get a notion that I can smoke "for a while." I guess experience is the best teacher and you know from yours that you CAN do this. It looks like there is some awesome support on this site, so you are in a good place. If there is any way I can help, let me know! Feebs[/color]
18 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome here WIP, You sure have come to the right place! We are all here to support you on your journey! That is great that you quit for 12 years!! I firmly believe this is a life-long choice for us. As addicts, we will always have that battle. We can never just have one. Well, please keep us posted! I look forward to your post tomorrow! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 63 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,910 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $206.01 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
18 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Workinprogress, Welcome to SSC, you have made a great choice to join this group. There is someone here 24-7, so anytime you need help all you have to do is "YELL" really loud, and before you know it someone will be with you. Have you been looking around the site, I hope that you have been reading some to the post. That will really help to see what the site is all about.. I hope you are prepared and looked at all the tools on the left, get ready to drink lots of water, chewing gum, sugar free hard candy, straws to hold and to just suck in fresh air, it mimics smoking. Did you smoke much in your car? I did and that is when I crave on the most. I took it and had it cleaned and it smells like new I don't know what they used but it don't smell like cig's anymore,(yuk)... I can't imagine loosing a 12 year quit, so that proves we can never let our guard down.. I'm sure you have learned a valuable lesson. This addiction is very powerful, and you are right FEAR is a big one. You have a great attitude and determination and that is what it will take to commit to this quit. This is your quit only, it belongs to no one but you, and you are the only one that can fight this battle. We look forward to your post tomorrow, and watching those days grow just as you will. Congratulations again, I know that you won't regret the choice and it is so worth it. Good luck to you!!! Be blessed, SUNSHINE [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 120 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,053 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $420 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
  • Quit Meter

$230,237.44

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6405 Hours: 6

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 50

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1151 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
WIP, Hi and welcome. Hopefully today you can turn that fear into excitement! Tomorrow is the day you get to set yourself free once again. Just remind yourself today of all the things you hate about smoking and as you smoke think of what is actually happening. Acting out of habit, inhaling harmful and deadly toxins, having the smell on your hands, clothes and hair. Yuck. This all ends tomorrow! WOO HOO! Be Blessed Sandra [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/5/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 640 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,813 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2880 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 47 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
  • Quit Meter

$37,394.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 646 Hours: 17

Minutes: 53 Seconds: 19

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: