Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.761 posts in 47.061 threads.

160,836 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Sinea, MANA MARIE, mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS

New member, gglorybee, here. Help!!!!

18 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Glory! I do have a question for you - where are you getting your cigs? If they are laying around the house, then you must get rid of them!!! Throw away all smoking materials (smokes, lighters, and ashtrays). You have to fight each craving one at a time. Have you completed the tools to the left? They are very helpful. You will gather info on stuff to do when craves quit. You have to fight though. It is hard. But as we all say, [size=4][color=Red]YOUR DESIRE TO NOT SMOKE MUST OUTWEIGH YOUR DESIRE TO SMOKE...[/size][/color] Also, it is important to drink a lot of water. Grab some hard candies. Or, some people have cut straws to cig length and kept them in their mouth. There is also licorice. Go for a walk. Put on a CD. Go to sleep, or take a nap. DO ANYTHING, BUT DO NOT SMOKE!!! You can do this. But you have to fight. N.O.P.E. = Not One Puff Ever. We are here for you. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 62 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,874 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $202.74 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
18 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It's been 13 days since I quit (Doctor's orders) and I have already slipped 3 times. I cannot stand that "Spacey" feeling...I feel like I'm high on something! Does it ever end? I'm so irritible, even my cat is geting on my nerves.... Thank God the kids are all grown! Any advice?[color=Black]Text[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 201 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $26 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
  • Quit Meter

$187,588.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5963 Hours: 15

Minutes: 50 Seconds: 39

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
glorybee, Welcome to our support community and please take a look around. The program and its tools can be essential for a successful quit. Our online members can really be of assistance to you and your journey. Regarding the "feeling spaced out", this indistinct but annoying symptom is linked with carbon monoxide withdrawal. It gives a sense of being in "another dimension." It can include changes in distance and space perception, a floating feeling, and a total lack of concentration. Remember that carbon monoxide is a deadly poison - it is a good thing to get out of your system. How long will this last? The first few weeks after quitting. Tips to help: Plan your workload to account for your temporary lack of concentration. Avoid additional stress during the first few weeks. If you have a symptom that persists or seems worse than you expected, you should immediately consult a doctor. It�s possible that your smoking has been masking symptoms of some illness, and when you stop smoking the symptoms abruptly become noticeable. Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: