Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

Today is the day!

18 years ago 0 207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congradulations!!!I'm not a Dad who smokes anymore either. It has been difficult, but very rewarding as each day of new freedoms and fresh air bring on a feeling of accomplishment and victory. Through many packs of GUM and many bags of "dum dum" suckers (they help while driving and on the computer) I am ONE MONTH PLUS!!! Check back often, and pat yourself on the back. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,300 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $192 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
17 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You can do it Letgo!!!! Get rid of all smoking materials!!! Even the ones you hide in case of "emergencies". When you are an addict, an emergency is anything. You have determination. You can suceed. You have the right attitude. You can win. You have the passion to demolish this demon, I can see that. Let you daughter be your inspiration for you to STAY SMOKE-FREE!!! Let her know the new you. Let her hug, smell, and kiss the new you. The one who doesn't stink, of course! Take one craving at a time. One step at a time! Those steps will start to add up. You have to fight though. It is hard, I know. But we have all been there. And we are here now. Join us. We will walk with you. Please, stay strong, and fight. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 62 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,874 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $202.74 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
18 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Letgo, what a neat name, I like it. Congratulations on your decision of freedom from the nicotine. You will not regret your decision because you will soon learn it is so worth it. Welcome to SSC, you will find the support and encouragement that you need. Sounds like you have your quit all planned out, and believe me that is sooooo important. Having a good attitude will take you far. [quote] I'm not the 37 year old mom with the cigarette anymore....I'm the smiling one with the cool bottle of water. [/quote] I love your quote... All of us here at SSC wish you SUCCESS!!!! Be blessed, SUNSHINE [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 117 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,996 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $409.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
  • Quit Meter

$229,918.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6396 Hours: 9

Minutes: 30 Seconds: 21

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 893 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I will gladly wish you success, just take it a small step at a time, hour by hour and day by day is the way to do it. If you need any help, advice or encouragement you know where to come. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 87 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,051 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �217.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
17 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well, I guess the scales weighed in favor of being a smoker... I'm closer to quitting but I'm still at it. Why is it so scary letting go of such a bad habit? Letgo is still LETTING GO.
  • Quit Meter

$181,664.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6251 Hours: 15

Minutes: 27 Seconds: 38

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
P.S. This is a Very Supportive place to hang out and read and post... :) I'm not giving up this fight. Each attempt brings me closer to quitting cigarettes for good. I just need to be strong and get stronger. I love this quote... [quote] It's better to be a non-smoker with an occasional desire for a cig than a smoker with a constant desire to quit...... Cuddles [/quote] letgo
  • Quit Meter

$181,664.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello everyone. :) I'm very tired of smoking. Very tired of being labeled 'the smoker.' Tired of smelling smoke in my house, car and on me. I've been 'thinking' of quitting for quite some time now. I'm not accomplishing anything 'thinking' about it. Every puff I take is taking a second of my life. I put out my last cigarette this morning. My plan of attack is water, excercise, and sleep. Keeping my mind busy reading, drawing, playing catch with my daughter and gardening. I want to get the old me back... the me that the 'nicodemon' took from me. It's going to be a big struggle... one that I'm MORE than ready for. I'm not the 37 year old mom with the cigarette anymore... I'm the smiling one with the cool bottle of water. Wish me success... :) letgo [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/4/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$181,664.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1151 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
YOU ROCK! You've given your kid(s) the best gift you could ever give them. You are also giving yourself the gift of FREEDOM! Like everyone else here you CAN do this and you WILL succeed. Read, read, read and post, post, post when things get rough and we will support you however we can. Be Blessed, Sandra [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/5/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 637 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,751 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2866.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 47 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
  • Quit Meter

$36,985.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 639 Hours: 16

Minutes: 16 Seconds: 10

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
letgo, Welcome to our support community and please take the time to look around. It is great to see that you are preparing. This is essential to a successful quit and you can do this. We are always here to help and our online support group is outstanding with support and and knowledge. Let us know how we can help, your looking cooler already :8|: Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: