Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.761 posts in 47.061 threads.

160,839 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Sinea, MANA MARIE, mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS

Has anyone tried the Quit Aid called "Final Smoke?"

18 years ago 0 407 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kendall - I am moved by your honest words. You see, I feel that is the basis for all we do in our lives. Like Jef, you have struggled far to much for the average person. Yes, for something that small to control yes is depression at the least. Deathly at its worst. Jef - The others here have offered up advice that motivate you to move forward with determination. See, we are not alone in this journey. Melanie says it right...it is a journey - A journey to a healthier life, A journey to being a better servant to our families and to our friends, etc. A little corny I know but so true. Cast down the sword and challenge that slob. It will soon determine that you are trying to kill it. Great, worth goal in deed. Now, lets do this and no half-baked excuses why not. I am so proud of you both and all of those here. Lindsey
  • Quit Meter

$122,793.30

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 8396 Hours: 4

Minutes: 4 Seconds: 34

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 407 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So what now I ask? What do you want someone else or some site to do for you that you must first do for yourself. All those props, such as the patches, were just that props. You appear to want this without giving up anything in the way of misery on your part. All who have quit had to give up a lot to get where we are today. You too my friend must pay that price. Tuff love...perhaps. No silver bullet here either. However, take a peek at the aids listed on the left of this screen. Therein you will find a vast amount of information...both interactive and just plain learning. This is part of the price I speak about above. I am a bit annoyed that you apparently were smoking while typing this thread. You even commented about it in a rather cavalier way. You have not felt enough pain where you are in this addiction. That is even with the acheing chest, etc. You see, the monster is masking that things and do not want to let you have control here. Stop him/her in there tracks. You can do this...I did and I certainly am nothing special. Lindsey [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/10/2001 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1695 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 101,723 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $16950 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 349 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
  • Quit Meter

$122,793.30

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 8396 Hours: 4

Minutes: 4 Seconds: 34

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jef, There's no doubt about it! Quitting doesn't happen at once. Research scientists have found that most people try to quit seven times before they succeed, and unsuccessful quit attempts, while frustrating, are actually part of the process of quitting. But not everyone tries quitting seven times. People who seriously prepare beforehand can successfully quit smoking, even on their first try. Your chances of quitting for good can increase if you view quitting as a journey, or a healing process that your body goes through. We suggest that you see quitting in this light rather than seeing it as an abrupt and uncomfortable change in your personal lifestyle. This interactive and personalized program is designed to help you quit and the exercises in this program are divided into six major milestones. Think of each milestone as a destination you're trying to reach. We hope we have leaded you in the right path today. Please continue to visit us and we assist you with making this quit, your final quit! Take care, Melanie ________________________ The SSC Support Team

Reading this thread: