Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,660 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CKYLA ASHLEY, PGOMEZ, Julia725, RFULLERO, OJOIZA ALTHEA

A Story About Eve without Adam or any kind of fruit...

18 years ago 0 15 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
eve - i havent finished reading your message yet - but i posted this morning and nothing happened and i needed it. they are here - just dont want you to be a blip - im just someone wanting like you - all the best
18 years ago 0 547 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Everyone! I'm on day 7 and I'm not in Heaven...but I thought now might be a good time to formally introduce myself, in my own sort of goofy informal way :) I am someone who had no idea this place actually existed UNTIL AFTER I quit! It was the first day, it was Saturday of this week, if I remember correctly (remember I have CRS). I don't know sometimes what the date is but I know what DAY I am on. I know that time has not functioned at all in my life since I quit. Or maybe it is I who has not functioned since I quit. Or maybe both. In my story here both do feel true. But I do seem to be remembering better. Perhaps my short term memory has returned, I don't know. But there are times I feel better than I have in years and that's when I seem to be able to remember more of my life too. Maybe smoking was creating the CRS factor within my brain and taking my memory chip and frying it. I know it's not the caffiene in my coffee because I am still drinking coffee and things have been improving...So day 7, though not quite heaven, it's ALOT better than hell! My concept of time lately: It just feels like one big endless moment of getting through it to the next moment then the next then the next and the next and next and so on. It's like time has stopped and there is just this moment. And it is one big moment with lots of tons of little endless moments in between, I know it must make some kind of sense to some of us in this universe. I wonder if I will write a book one day. I have always had the desire to, and I have a feeling I will have to because I just love the sound of the typing on my keyboard to keep my fingers busy and I have a feeling the REAL me stepping forward is ready to put her BEST SELF forward now, for the rest of her life, and what a way it would be to start by writing a book. Time would really cease to exist if that were the case. Writing really makes the time fly. In fact when I woke up this evening, 6:30pm, I made coffee and hopped right on here and already been here 3 hours! I LOVE BEING HERE. And I want to extend my GRATITUDE first and foremost here. Thank you for creating this place. Thank you all for being here. Thank you for allowing me to rant and rave and whine and wimper and ramble on about my crappy days. Thanks for supporting me
Thanks Luna!! Funny I was just responding to one of your threads while you were responding to me over here. Funny how that happens!! :) Hey hiljump, thanks for responding, I hope you enjoyed my story. In another thread I posted (A Danger Zone Story) we started making a rope-chain line to each other so we won't fall off the smoke-free wagon, and I'd like to invite ou to join me in it!! MANY BLESSINGS, EVE :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 57 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $21 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
Wow I am truly humbled by all of your kind words and responses. :blush: I have seen many trying times in my life and this is just another step on this path, and it has been one of the most incredibly major obstacles that has prevented me from living to my fullest potential for far too long. N.O.P.E. No more. I am so inspired to be able to have enough left in me to start over and begin this journey and perhaps the writing will begin to follow suit as I go along this path. This is definitely the road less travelled, and I know for a fact that the road will narrow at times and there will be sharp curves and pitfalls but as long as I maintain my 'vehicle' I will be alright :) I'll come here if I ever feel I am headed toward a cliff. Thank you so much for all your support. It is definitely an honor to be amongst you all and be able to inspire others too. Many Blessings, Eve :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 61 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $21 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
18 years ago 0 107 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Eve, Wow! Thank you for the great story and sharing the highlights of your life. I'm a fellow adventurer and began my new smoke free life 17 days ago. I am happy that you did find SSC and, will have the Rah Rah support through this journey to cheer you on to success. And, I personally can't wait to follow you around on the Forum topics just to read your writings. Dang girl, you can write!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 174 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $27.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
18 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello again Eve! I too enjoyed reading your story! I was always interested in people who just packed up and went..... I would never have the guts too. But why - I live in Cal. It is perfect here!LOL Anyhow, I just wanted to say that you will make it. You sound like this is your time. You will win. You are a wonderful and interesting person. I look forward to reading some more! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,246 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $134.07 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
18 years ago 0 989 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Nice story. Welcome. This site saved my life. I am now at one year smoke free today. You will love the freedom! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 365 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,127 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1277.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 50 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
  • Quit Meter

$795,060.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5685 Hours: 1

Minutes: 41 Seconds: 2

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 832 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi again Eve :) Congratulations on your quit, I can't even remember day 7 but I know it was very important and without day 7 I could not be where I am today in my quit :quest: To a writer such as your self I hope this makes enough sense to get my meaning. Some days are good for me and others are a flashback of my yesteryears. You have begun what will become an amazing journey. While you have and are in the process of reading a lot of posts by people who have preceeded you, your quit will be completely and totally your own. The rest of us are here merely as an illusion for your benefit. Your body is adjusting to a new lifestyle and many things will happen. You will, as your body eliminates the various toxins of cigarette smoke, experience some really wierd things. Don't panic just adjust. It basically comes down to a battle of your body living with your brain or your brain living with your body. Your will and determination will play a huge factor in your quit success. Your journey will be measured by milestones along the way and day 7 is just one of many to come. Remember it is one day at a time and don't forget to reward yourself everyday you are quit. I have enjoyed your postings, you express yourself well. I am sure that you will become a huge asset to this site and the membership. Duffis duffis's Quit Stats Since Sunday, February 13, 2005, I've been smoke-free for: 1 Year(s), 61 Days, 9 Hours, 2 Minutes, 9 Seconds. I have saved $1,789.20 by not smoking 12791 cigarettes. By not smoking I have added 92 Days, 8 Hours, 50 Minutes, 41 seconds. to my life expectancy.
  • Quit Meter

$283,950.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6814 Hours: 21

Minutes: 40 Seconds: 24

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 2462 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I agree with my friend, Duffis. You are continuing on your wonderful journey of life! Thank you for sharing your story with us. Rusty :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/13/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 488 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 13,675 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1708 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 67 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
  • Quit Meter

$54,995.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 649 Hours: 11

Minutes: 42 Seconds: 33

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: