Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,658 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CKYLA ASHLEY, PGOMEZ, Julia725, RFULLERO, OJOIZA ALTHEA

DAY 5 I WILL SURVIVE!!!

18 years ago 0 547 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Melanie you have no idea (well maybe ya do!) how much I needed to hear a strong supportive voice sound back at me today. I am really listening to my mind and yeah you R right my body is like OMG what R U DOING 2 ME!!! GIMME DAT SMOKE GIMME GIMME GIMME!!! So, I have been playing pretend smoke in those moments, as in holding up my fingers to inhale AIR and it helps me to breathe deeply, as I am forgeting to breathe deeply at times so I suppose my quit is forcing me to pretend to smoke air to breathe. Things are critical right now. I feel like I am somewhere between my mind and my mouth when I speak. I know my mind is going quickly and thinking fast and know what I want to say but my mouth has molasses around the jaw, with my bottom pallad numbed from the feeling of novacane and I have partial duck tape over my lips to boot! So I can't hardly mutter anything intelligent LOL. This board helps alot because I don't have to talk!! Thanks so much Melanie. I also feel like I am stronger when I am at home, not as spacey, I don't know why. Maybe I am empathically sensetive to other energies around me and it confuses me. At home or elsewhere I seem to be better grounded. Does that make any sense? Ok back to the humdrum for now. lol. I'M COMMIT TO MY QUIT, NO MATTER WHAT!!! MANY MANY BLESSINGS EVE :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 37 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $12 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
THANKS SHEVIE!!! I LOVE THE PROSTEHETIC SMOKE IDEA LOLOL!!! OH THE JOY OF INHALING SO MUCH AIR :p I have to stop on the way home and get gas and the supermarket is right there too so the box of straws is on my list. THANKS FOR THE WONDERFUL WORDS OF SUPPORT & ENCOURAGEMENT, I'M COMMIT TO MY QUIT, NO MATTER WHAT!!! MANY MANY BLESSINGS, EVE :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 37 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $12 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
Lindsey thanks so much for that tidbit, but I could swear that I finished my 6 milestones, guess I will have another look at that after this post! It is not easy re-learning how to get into a daily routine that is for sure! I've gotten myself into such a comfort zone with smoking that it has really affected well, every part of my life. There is not ONE part of my life that has NOT been affected. NOT ONE!!! And ya know it makes me so mad :gasp: But I have to get a grip and really use this metaphorical toolbag and so far I do have some things in there...I know how to use them, I just have to remember to use them!!! So far I am using the licorice to curb the cravings, smoking the pretend air to remember to breathe and keeping bottled water at my side too. JT I'm SO HAPPY TO HEAR YOU ARE 3 DAYS IN WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I didn't go out my first or 2nd day either. Boy did I make do with the tiny scrapplings I had in the cupboard and stayed on this board for dear life!!!! YOU ARE GONNA MANKE IT I KNOW IT!!!! And yeah I really like seeing my stats too, it's VERY encouraging!!! Thank You 4my2girls for all the kind words!!! I am gonna keep on keepin on, as a wonderful supporter keeps tellin me!!!!! ;) I am so humbled by all your stregnth AND grateful for you ALL :) :blush: BRIGHTEST BLESSINGS EVE :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 37 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $12 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
Hey everyone, Ok last night was bad. After work I went straight home, called my mom in the car and chatted for awhile until some idiot pulled out right in front of me in the rain with no lights and I almost hit him so I had to hang up with my mom until I got home...then I got home we spoke for about an hour, she has been a great anchor of support for me (she has 25 years sober and almost 12 or 13 years smoke free!). So then we hung up and I just started balling. I balled for a total of 1 hour. Then I watched a little TV and that kept me distracted for the most part which is what I wanted. I wasn't tired at all and didn't fall asleep until midnight. I woke up at 5:30am. This is not normal for me, I usually in bed by 9pm and up at 6am. Anyway, woke up and the first thing I notice is my hunger. I have a small bowl of cereal and get ready for work. Halfway through the getting ready, I start balling again for about 15 minutes. I am nuts. I was late again today. I don't care either. They can fire me. I am not giving up my quit because someone isn't enlightened enough to the withdrawl symptoms of this addiction. So what. I'll get my unemployment and then I can take my time withdrawing from the nic! But ya know, I have that uncanny feeling that that is NOT going to happen. As long as I have you folks in here and my mom to help me cope and remind me why I chose to live a smoke free life, then I WILL WIN! Well I have been saying these positive affirmations each day I am smoke free. I started with Day 1 and now up to Day 5 so maybe they will be of some inspiriation to others too! DAY 1 - I KNOW I'M DONE! DAY 2 - IT'S EITHER ME OR YOU (Nicodemon=You) DAY 3 - SMOKE FREE DAY 4 - I'LL SMOKE NO MORE DAY 5 - I WILL SURVIVE!!! And I AM keeping my chin up. For the most part I am 75% HAPPY and 25% CRAZY (LOL). I will check in later today. I hope EVERYONE IS LIVING SMOKE FRE RIGHT NOW!!! H.A.I.L. the S.N.A.I.L. & SEND MAIL! MANY BRIGHT BLESSINGS!! EVE :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 36 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $12 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
18 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well done Eve. You are doing so well. It is so good to be able to put your feelings into words - you have said what I am sure a lot of people are feeling. I'm on day 3 and doing a LOT of deep breathing. Was so interested to read the comments about being home. Apart from work, I have been at home all the time and do not want to go out - not even for a walk. I am going to allow myself to do this just for a few days and then I will get going again. Really enjoying reading my quit statistics. Keep up the good work. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 53 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �12.9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
  • Quit Meter

$40,888.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5384 Hours: 14

Minutes: 19 Seconds: 5

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Eve! :) I just wanted to say that I have read your other posts, and I wanted to tell you that you have put a smile on my face! :p I am excited about your quit journey, and look forward to more of your posts! Great work and congrats on your 4 well-earned smoke free days! ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,159 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $124.26 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
18 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Eve, I just want to say "I'm jealous"! I really like licorice, I like it a lot. Used to eat it all the time. But something about it makes me want to smoke; always has. Used to be I'd buy a bag, eat a stick, smoke a cig, eat a stick, smoke a cig, repeat until bag is empty. Tried a bite several months ago. Never again! (*sniff*) Shevie P.S. It's a small price to pay. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 324 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,493 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1231.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 60 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
18 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, Eve. I just have to say you are fantastic. What an outlook on your quit! :) Find a straw, cut it to cig lenght, fold and crimp (bite) the "fire" end until it feels like a cig when you draw on it. Makes a great prosthetic that takes some of the edge off a crave. Plus you can "smoke" it anywhere. Congratulations on 4 days quit, Eve. Awesome! :) Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 324 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,493 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1231.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 60 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
18 years ago 0 407 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes, you are at a critical point right now. It is time to say it is possible and begin the learning process. This would best be accomplished in my view witht the filling of a bag of tools to help you move forward. They could include...and not be limited to, coping skills, deep breathing routine, etc. One of the most important things you can do right now is complete the 6 mile journey on the left here. Then, read all the success stories and study other links here on the left as well. You sound young and I am so pleased that you have seen the light. Remember, your body will correct itself from the damages done at the rate of 1/2 repaired per year. Hence, 50%, then 25%, then 12.5%,etc. If you are under 35, you can outlive the damage completely. You just gotta' believe. Congrats' and I like your daily bullets. Lindsey [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/10/2001 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1675 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 100,538 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $16750 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 345 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
  • Quit Meter

$122,666.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 8387 Hours: 13

Minutes: 4 Seconds: 21

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Eve, Great technique! It seems to be working...AWESOME! Being at home, I can understand. This is a place of peace. There is no extra stimulating stressors that you would have to face. This prevents temptation, which then in turn prevents the cravings! Hang in there Eve! You can do this! Way to stay strong :) Melanie _________________________________ The SSC Support Team

Reading this thread: