Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,658 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CKYLA ASHLEY, PGOMEZ, Julia725, RFULLERO, OJOIZA ALTHEA

Here I go again!

18 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Joonie, welcome to our family at SSC, we are so proud to have you join us. I hope that you have been reading and learning how to get around the site. Do you like water??? Hope so, because you need to drink lots of water to flush all those chemicals out of your system. Chewing gum helps, hard candy (sugar free), a straw to hold in your mouth so you can suck the good air in and out. It will be exciting to watch you grow, and see how proud you become of yourself. Hold on tight gal, because sometime it gets a little bumpy. The road is not always straight, sometimes there are mountains to climb, but just think what it will look like when you get to the top. It's amazing to make it to the top but that don't mean you stop battling. It's hard to stay on top of the mountain all the time because of this emotional journey. Blessing sent your way, SUNSHINE [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 95 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,616 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $332.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
  • Quit Meter

$229,999.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6398 Hours: 16

Minutes: 7 Seconds: 30

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 893 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome (again?) Joonie, keep close and you will make it this time! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 65 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 784 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �162.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
18 years ago 0 180 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks to everyone that sent words of encouragement. Now I know why I came back to this site! You all are great and I look forward to being part of somthing so positive (and healthy!). I apologize for not responding sooner. I was hosting my ladies group for this month tonight and was busy preparing for it. The word from my doctor's office was that my chest xray was consistant with a smokers. Well, no surprise there. I figure if it was more serious (not that my result was not serious) then the doctor would have called personally. I am sure there will be more detail in the follow up letter. Okay, I have a question for all you out there.. Have you heard about the injections that are suppose to curb withdrawal symptoms? I really want to take advantage of any aids that are out there. I've tried the patch, etc. With not great results. Has anyone tried the injections? Thanks again for the support. Best, Joonie
18 years ago 0 180 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone! Well, here I am again only this time with a ton of determination. I can't believe that I let perfectly good quits fail in the past. How Stuuupid! Anyway, I am waiting the results of a chest xray from today. Keeping my fingers crossed that my 25 plus years of a pack a day will not show up. Regardless of the outcome, tonight is my last night of this stuuupid habit. I am so, so very sick of it!@! I've printed out the benefits to stop smoking to remind myself when times get tough why it is important to stay with it and would love to have some like buddies for this journey. Thanks for listening (or reading). May we all have the success that we are (or will be)working towards! All My Best, Joonie
18 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Joonie, Welcome to the SSC!!! Congrats on quitting! I hope that the results are good! I can only imagine how nerve racking that must be! I hope you're ready and prepared for the journey you are starting. You found this webiste and have a list of benefits, which is very good. I would like to also suggest that you make a list of coping strategies that you will use when (not if) cravings come your way. In other words... gum, licorice, ice water, straws, hard candy, etc... that you will use instead of smoking. My personal favorite was licorice. :) It sounds like you're ready to do this! Best wishes tomorrow! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 165 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,149 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $681.45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
18 years ago 0 941 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Joonie - I too have let good quits fail in the past, I know how it feels. This time I'm going to win, so are you. People who keep trying finally get it done! You've got the right attitude and you'll make it. Promise you'll come here and post if you're feeling weak and that you'll wait for replies before you do anything to end your quit. Just remember - YOU CAN DO IT! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 36 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,270 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $306 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
  • Quit Meter

$99,950.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9153 Hours: 22

Minutes: 13 Seconds: 3

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Joonie, Your are in our thoughts and I hope everything is well. Do make this your last attempt and prepare for it. We are always here to help and know the site is full of knowledge and support for you to tap into. Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: