Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Day 4 I'll Smoke No More!!

18 years ago 0 547 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey everyone!! It's day 4 for me (technically 3 and 1/2). I stopped Saturday afternoon so I don't really know how to count it, so I am counting from the point I stopped on Saturday as first day. Last night was great! Couldn't believe it--I felt much better and even going to the store after work was a trip! So much more air in my lungs and I am not feeling sluggish. I didn't feel "rushed" in the store to get out of there and go get a smoke either!! I took my time and picked out good healthy snacks. YAY! So momentum has picked up on my end, I don't know how, maybe all the positive encouragement and feedback I have been getting in here - I know THAT ALONE IS A HUGE PART OF IT!!! THANKS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've gotten some pretty bizarre responses to my announcement of quitting at work. One person, for example, said to me "Oh it's great that you are no longer abusing your body." I was like, HUH? I didn't know how to respond, so I remained silent. People are weird like that! I mean, for real. Has anyone gotten weird comments?? Well this morning was ok, but the funny thing was that I cried while I was doing my hair LOL. I don't know what came over me, it was like, I was doing fine with getting my hair done and thinking about the sun that had just started shining outside, and I went from happy camper to balling baby in 0-3 seconds. What is up with that? Anyone else losing their emotions to the wind? Well I'm at work again and there is plenty to do, but I am very happy now and haven't cried since this morning (thank goodness!) I see alot of people out here in the board going through their first week right now. Funny I remembered that I may have jury duty next week (oh my God I hope not) and then remember the line from the move "Airplane" 'it's like I picked the wrong week to quit smoking' LOL. Speaking of movies I can't wait to see that new movie "Thank You For Smoking". I hear it is a riot. Well thanks for letting me ramble in here. I was also thinking about the N.O.P.E. that I've read in different posts, and I love it. I would buy the bumper sticker. I have thought of a couple this morning too. Hope you enjoy them, I don't know how good or bad they are -I may use one as my motto, or come up with more, I have to keep my brain occupied!!!
THANKS CHANGING! OMG I LOVE THAT- HAIL THE SNAIL SEND MAIL!! I guess it's kinda obvious how much work I'm NOT getting done today with my keepin up on this board...seems everyone around me today is stressn' and I have to run to several different places to get on an empty computer so I can read and post!! I am really looking forward to 5pm today. i may pull out my laptop when I get home too! Hangin in there at work.... Hail the Snail Send Mail!!! MANY BLESSINGS!! Eve :)
Thanks butterfly!! I certainly will stick because I'm already stuck on my quit LOL. Nope. N.O.P.E.! I said it! LOL. No turnin back now. No way Betty May. I am comit to my quit and with that, I'll stay fit! MAybe! Myabe if I can get up from my desk and run...wonder if I can work that into my workday...and get paid for it...LOL...and thanks for the feedback on HAIL the SNAIL...I guess it be a keeper nows! H.A.I.L. the S.N.A.I.L. (Healthy Air Infiltrating Lungs...Smoking Never Again, I'M LIVING!) MANY BLESSINGS!!!! EVE :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 29 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
Gosh, Changing, butterfly, Sunshine, and Josie you guys are awesome and thank you so much for all the feedback. Sunshine Thanks for the respo on my other post (the touchy topic) it has helped me to look at the scnerio deeper now. I'll talk about it over there some more. Thanks for the thumbs up on the bumper stickers, snail is how I associated this beginning phase too but the firm decision we have made to quit. I wanted halo to stand for something other than our angels who are guiding us to good health! I am in pretty good spirits today. I think I just need to keep going with this (even though I feel like running around the campus for the rest of the day and not working though I have to SIT at a desk and work, I'd rather keep my fingers moving as fast as possible on the computer to eliminate some of the excess energies! lol) Ok I've given it more thought and this is my new motto: H.A.I.L the S.N.A.I.L. (Healthy Air Infiltrating Lungs...Smoking Never Again, I'M LIVING!) MANY BLESSINGS OF JOY EVE :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 29 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
18 years ago 0 1155 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Eve - Your energy & enthusiasm are contagious! [color=Pink]HAIL THE SNAIL SEND MAIL[/color] [i]Savoring Each New Day Minus Ailing Infested Lungs[/i] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 242 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $58.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,350.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5540 Hours: 13

Minutes: 22 Seconds: 48

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1155 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Eve, Congratulations! You sound great! Just wanted to say that Jury Duty may not be a bad thing. I remember being on Jury Duty last Summer and was tortured - here in NYC you're not allowed to leave the building during the initial phases, then if you get put on a case (as I was) - you're stuck in a courtroom & deliberation room all day with one brief break. Needless to say, my nicodemon was flipping out! Being quit would have saved me during that experience! Keep doing what you're doing! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 241 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $58.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,350.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5540 Hours: 13

Minutes: 22 Seconds: 48

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Eve, Great post, and I like your thought on bumper stickers. Sounds like your journey is so positive and I like that. You have a good attitude and that will make a world of difference. Alway keep your gurard up, because this journey does have bumps in the road. So be prepared when they do. You just sound so bubbly and that is great. Stay close to the site and read and post, and when you need help please ask. Blessings sent your way, SUNSHINE [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 94 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,609 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $329 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
  • Quit Meter

$229,908.38

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6396 Hours: 4

Minutes: 14 Seconds: 2

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Eve, I certainly hope you stick around!!!! I really mean that! You've added so much to this site already! I had such a good laugh when I read your motto!!! I LOVE H.A.I.L. the S.N.A.I.L. Glad your day's going well! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 165 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,142 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $681.45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
18 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Eve, Welcome to the group!!! I love your ideas for quit smoking mantras!!! Those were hysterical!!! Especially "S.N.A.I.L." After all... that IS how slow time goes in the beginning! ;p As for the bizzare responses... well, you HAVE been abusing your body by smoking... so technically, that person is right! I didn't get any weird responses when I quit... everyone had heard it before! LOL! But I'm glad that your co-workers are supportive of your quit! That's great! And the emotions going haywire?!?! Uh... [size=4][color=red]YEAH!!![/size][/color] I didn't really cry a lot when I first quit, but I was on an emotional roller coaster for....... how long have I been quit now? :p Anyway, yeah suddenly crying for no apparent reason is VERY common around here when first quitting. It'll pass though. I love your enthusiasm and your sense of humor! Welcome to the group! I look forward to seeing more of your posts later on. Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 165 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,141 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $681.45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
18 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Eve, Thank you so much for sharing. Remember to take that cry if you need it and we will always be here. Take it day by day and always have a coping mechanism by your side. Keep strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: