Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,523 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7

let me try this again...

18 years ago 0 99 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
thanks for the support everyone. I'm on day 3 and still feeling good. My mother in law is coming over today to spend time with me because as she says, "the weekend might be difficult, and I know you won't smoke if I'm sitting next to you." got to love supportive families. ron- I too have a work shop where I do wood work/ crafts/ painting and such. I can go in there yet. It still smells like smoke. Maybe in a week or so.
  • Quit Meter

$50,408.43

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6251 Hours: 5

Minutes: 59 Seconds: 40

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

still hangin in there. Had a junkie thought yesterday...I dropped my family off at the airport (they're going to Hawaii), and as I was pulling away my addict said, "great now we can smoke." caught me off guard b/c my family being around isn't why I quit...and them being gone doesn't change my choice to quit...I pulled over, took 5 minutes to do some deep breathing, drank some water, out loud went through the list of why I'm quitting. Then got back on the raod so excited! Why? cause I made it through one more battle! Yeah! Thanks for your support everyone.
  • Quit Meter

$50,408.43

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

It's official, I'm back on the wagon. I have gone 1 day 5 hrs without a cig. I DO really want this...more than I want that cig (I've read that saying many times over the past five yrs, and still think it is THE answer). Not only have I quit, but I went and got gas today without buying smokes. That is huge for me. I kept telling myself that I was going into battle, so I had to be strong. he he and I did it. I'm sure for some of you this is no big deal, but every journey begins with one step.
  • Quit Meter

$50,408.43

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1010 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats DD!! I just read your post about missing your brain....Mine is missing too *insert wide eyes ehre* AACCKKK!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 132 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $32 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
  • Quit Meter

$36,027.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 419 Hours: 16

Minutes: 54 Seconds: 5

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 537 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey DD, I'm just stopping in to see how you are doing? Congrats on going this far! Were all proud of you... and don't listen to the Junkie in you!! Take care, Ron [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,098 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $209.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
Hey DD, I'm glad things are still going well for you! :) Keep up the good work. Ron [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 28 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 992 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $189 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
Hey DD... WAY TO GO!!! What you did is a very big deal! It's been almost a month for me, and I'm scared to go into my wood shop and work there. Building furniture for me was the ultimate relaxation. By myself, working with beautiful wood, enjoying Cigg after Cigg. Today is the day for me though. I need to fight the Nicodemon, take back my woodshop! You have your focus... you want to quit smoking. Keep the quit going! And remember... N.O.P.E. Were all here for you when you need us! Take care, Ron [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 923 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $175.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
18 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi DD - It's a huge deal!! Congratulations... One step at a time ~ and hold on to your Quit with everything you have. We are here for you, let us know how you're doing. Healer [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,146 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $76.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
18 years ago 0 299 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I too got back on the wagon Monday at 5:19pm was my last cigarette and I know i need to come on here and post more often. I forget becuase I distract myself with doing too many other things. I am on Wellbutrin now too though, but it is for depression. I broke down and drank all last weekend and smoked and i regret it. I am also on the patch and I know I can stay strong. i have been keeping myself so busy with my website and games and work lately that i forget about posting on here, but i will try to more [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 75 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $12 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
  • Quit Meter

$16,456.70

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 904 Hours: 11

Minutes: 42 Seconds: 9

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 38 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
DD, don't worry. Both halves of your brain will be reunited one day and it will be like it was never gone! And if your brain is chillin' with Duckie's, then it has good company! Hang in there and HUGE congrats on 16 BIG days!!! [color=Red]KC[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 52 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 688 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $156 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54

Reading this thread: