Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,528 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

HOW MANY GRANDPARENT OR GREAT GRANDPARENTS DO WE HAVE??

18 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Okay, Okay, so I am not a grandparent or great grandparent... I would have responded to both posts, regardless of my age. I too, am proud of my quit. I grew up with a smoking parent and grandparents, and just about every person around me smoked. All have quit. You are right, it doesnt matter the age. It is never too late to quit. I responded to the other post as 34 years old, so for this one, I will say I am 34 years young. My deepest respect to you. Those stats are wonderful! Keep going strong! ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 891 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $94.83 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
18 years ago 0 133 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi All, I have 4 boys all turning, 25,22,17, and 5 this year. I have a Grandson 3 and a Granddaughter 6 months. I will be 43 this year. I started smoking at age 16. I have almost got my 1st week down. Had a couple real bad days, but I've stopped for good this time ! It is N.O.P.E Not One Puff Ever. This board has been a lifesaver, I'm glad I found you all. ~Shelly~ [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 100 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
18 years ago 0 425 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sunshine, I'm a Grandmother too. I have only 1 kid but 2 Grandkids. I have been a smokers since I was 15 year, I'm 51 now, so I have been smoking for a while:-{ I have tried to quit many times, but never maid it past the 3rd day before. I want to be healthy for my Grandchildren and I want my son to be proud of me. We are going to have vacation together with my son and his family at the end of May. (They live in Europe and me and my husband live in USA)and I don't want to smoke in front of my grandkids and I don't want to smell awful when I give them a hug. I am so glad that I have made it so far and I am determined to never smoke again. I want to stay healthy and enjoy life! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 40 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 611 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $180 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
18 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sunflower,4-my2girls,Cheryl,Josie,3galeh,Lana,No Smokin Tresa,and dswill, thank all of you for your awesome quits and for all those beautiful and handsome grandchildren and great grandchildren. You are all beautiful and smell just as beautiful. I started smoking when smoking was cool or so we thought. Everyone of my friends smoked, so we all kind of got lost in the 50's. And that is where the nicodemon wants to keep us. But only if we allow him too. I never did like to smoke they would make me sick but after awhile you can't do without them even if they do make you sick. That was what I could never understand, I didn't know about the addiction of cig's. I live in tobacco country and so many of the people smoke. They raise the tobacco on their farms and it is one of the big money crops. Congratulations on all of your wonderful quits and my all of you continue to fight for your quit... :) :) SUNSHINE [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 87 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,480 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $304.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
  • Quit Meter

$229,913.44

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6396 Hours: 6

Minutes: 52 Seconds: 26

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm calling all grandparent and great-grandparent to come to the site and tell how your quit is going. I know this will be tough, because I have thought long and hard about this discussion. But after I saw the new discussion today about young quitters I thought it would be nice to let everyone know about us older quitters who are giving up the smokes. I have 8 grandchildren and I have 2 great-grandsons. Okay I know that I am telling my age but I married when I was 10(ha). No I don't care I just want to let you know that it makes no difference how young or old you are it's never too late to stop smoking I could not tell you how many times I have quit, once for 18 months and then there were some shorter ones. But this time I quit on Jan 7,2006, but this time I made a commitment to myself that I wanted to live so I could enjoy my children, grandchildren, and now my great-grandchildren. And I want them to know me and to remember me. I may be the only one out there but that is okay. I am so proud of my quit..... :) SUNSHINE PS: I used the patch. BESSINGS SENT YOUR WAY!!! SUNSHINE [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 86 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,474 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $301 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
  • Quit Meter

$229,913.44

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6396 Hours: 6

Minutes: 52 Seconds: 26

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 128 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am a grandmother of 4. They all live in Ca. and I live in Fl. Each year in the summer I go for a few weeks to visit and play with them. Last year my grandson 4 years old came running up for a hug and then stopped and said oh Nana you stink. This year I won't miss a precious moment being with them because I'm outside having a cig. nor will I stink of smoke. I started smoking at age 14 and I'm 50 now. I quit once for 4 months, and once for 7 weeks, then every day for the last 6 years i woke up saying "I quit today" it would only last as long as it took the coffee to brew. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 84 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,697 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $420 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
18 years ago 0 40 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have 7 grandchildren and one great grandson. I had tried many times before and I hope this time is the charm. I'm 59 and started smoking when I was 16. I really can't say what is different this time but I'm taking this quit ;much more seriously. We should all be proud of ourselves!!!!!!!!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 88 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,656 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $279.84 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
18 years ago 0 610 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi all you wonderful Grandparents I have 2 grandsons 3 years and 2 weeks. When I found out the 2nd one was on his way I put the gears in motion to be quit by the time he was born. Yeah for me I did it. I will be leaving in 2 days to see both of the boys. I can't wait and the best thing is I won't have to stop spending time with them because I need to go have a smoke. It sounds like most of you had the same motivation to quit smoking that I did. No little face looking at me saying Nana you smell bad. You have all worked very hard to get where you are in your quit and I am proud to be part of such a great group of non smoking grands. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 92 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,495 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $340.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
18 years ago 0 534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Another Proud Grandparent. I have two wonderful grandsons and am enjoying the best time of their lives with them. I quit. Finally, I am quit! And it's wonderful. Cheryl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/4/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 273 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,570 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $778.05 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 35 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
18 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I don't have any children, but I could have grandkids and great-grandkids if people were in a hurry, lol. I started when I was 15, just trying to fit at a school where I didn't belong. Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 316 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,330 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1200.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 59 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26

Reading this thread: