Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,645 Members

Please welcome our newest members: ASHAINE, EFAJARDO, MMAGTARAYO, JARCA, JCONOPIO

Thank God I found you guys!

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
uprah, Welcome to the site and congratulations on becoming an ex-smoker! It is great to hear that you are ready to quit! The question is are you prepared? Please take advantage of our free Online Treatment Program in your glove compartment as you log into our site. This program will first help you determine if youre ready to quit. If youve already quit and are looking for some help, this program is for you. Although the program will first assess if youre ready to quit the exercises at the beginning of the program will help remind you of the reasons why you quit in the first place. Dont get frustrated - ex-smokers have told us that the exercises at the beginning of the program gave them confidence and helped them reaffirm their personal commitment to remain smoke free. The exercises in this program are divided into six major milestones. Think of each milestone as a destination youre trying to reach. After you complete the exercises in each milestone, your car will progress along the road map located at the bottom left-hand side of the screen. The best thing about this program is that it is free and you dont have to purchase any products to use this program. We hope that we have guided you in the right direction today! Please feel free to contact our support department in our feedback section found at the bottom of this page if you continue to have any questions or concerns. Or, please continue to join us here at our online support group! We wish you all the best and look forward to helping you achieve your goals! Take Care, Melanie ____________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello, my name is Ursula and I have wanted to quit for years. The quit date I have set is April 1st and I am tired of feeling like crap. I am a mother of two children and I do not want them to smoke so I need to do this. I am so glad that I found this site and I feel I am not alone on this journey anymore. I will need all of your advice and strength because this will probably be the hardest thing I have ever attempted. My first question is what did some of you do on your first quit day to help you make through the first 24 hours?
  • Quit Meter

$90,860.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6404 Hours: 7

Minutes: 11 Seconds: 45

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi there! I slept, slept, slept!! Oh, and ate, ate, ate! And then I sat glued to my computer on this site. I read old posts for hours! I also cried. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 740 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $78.48 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
18 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Ursula and welcome, You have found the best support for your Quit journey. Get out your favorite jammies, soft pillows... Change the bed linens to your softest sheets. Wash your hair that first day and take the time during the day to smell that fresh hair (no smoke!) and wash clothes if you have time... you're washing the smoke smells away! Sleep alot if you can. Just do what you body calls for but DON'T SMOKE. Be gentle and loving with yourself, you need all the love you can get the first days. We are here for you, you can do this. Blessings and Light- Healer [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 863 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $57.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
18 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Uprah, CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR DECISION TO QUIT THE CIGGIE'S. This will be the best decision you have ever made. But it will be the hardest decison to keep. It will need lots of work, even when you don't want to do the work you have to do it. I don't care what you have to do to keep your quit. I wish that you could have a week by yourself so you could scream, cry, punch things, sleep, read,post, and eat. Because it is a very emotional time. I used the patch for ten weeks, so I didn't go through all of this untill I step down to the 7mg patch and that is when it started, but I know that it was not as bad as cold turkey. Hey, I still have moments, hours that I crave and I do a lot of self talking saying: I CAN, I CAN. But most of all I believe that I can. Quitting this addiction is not for SISSIES. You have to hang tight, and I mean tuff!!! Blessings to you...... :) SUNSHINE [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 81 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,388 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $283.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
  • Quit Meter

$229,989.38

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6398 Hours: 9

Minutes: 19 Seconds: 11

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 186 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Ursula For me, I just allowed whatever it was that I was feeling to be what it was. If I was sad, angry, anxious, bored, doubtful, afraid, hopeless, homicidal(no,not really but almost!)suicidal,again, not really but almost! What ever it was I didn't fight it. I accepted and expected things to be crazy and they were. But, I got thru it one day at a time and so can you. It really can be done! Good Luck!
  • Quit Meter

$59,059.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6645 Hours: 12

Minutes: 36 Seconds: 55

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 989 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi congratulations and welcome. I found the first three days awful - don't get me wrong, they are doable, and noone ever died from withdrawal - but I found coping very difficult those days. Maybe I overindulged myself because I did not have to respond to the needs of young children and also did not have to work that week, but in answer to your question, there were only 5 things I did those first days. I slept, ate, sobbed and read posts here and wrote posts here. I allowed my golden retriever into my bed (usually a no no) cause even at my very worst she thought I was lovable (unlike my husband who was not convinced that this quit would be successful). If there was any way that you can carve out time for just YOU those first three days so that you don't have to deal with the stresses of parenting or working, I would recommend that. However, not everyone has that luxury. If you don't, keep lots of ice water around and something to munch on and suck. Stay by the computer and read every second that you can. Empty your garbage and burn all the butts (cause believe me you will be tempted!). Give someone else your car keys if you are near a store that sells cigarettes. Print out your favorite posts and your reasons to quit, and read them every time you have a crave. Throw old dishes at trees. Pound pillows. Basically do anything and everything but smoke. You HAVE to go through these three days to get to freedom. Hang on for dear life and know that this addiction can be beaten (if I could do it, anyone can). You are making the best decision you ever could for yourself and your family. Rejoice and reward yourself! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 348 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,713 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1218 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 48 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
  • Quit Meter

$795,025.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5684 Hours: 19

Minutes: 7 Seconds: 18

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 941 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ursula - tomorrow is a big day for you... YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!! Go for it and NEVER look back....... Let us know how you make out over the weekend. We are all pulling for you here!
  • Quit Meter

$99,946.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9153 Hours: 12

Minutes: 28 Seconds: 55

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: